PREFACE

╔═════════════════════════╗CORINA O'HARA WAR CORRESPONDENT F̶O̶R̶ ̶N̶E̶W̶ ̶Y̶O̶R̶K̶ ̶N̶E̶W̶S̶ ̶E̶X̶P̶R̶E̶S̶S̶

CORINA O'HARA
WAR CORRESPONDENT
F̶O̶R̶ ̶N̶E̶W̶ ̶Y̶O̶R̶K̶ ̶N̶E̶W̶S̶ ̶E̶X̶P̶R̶E̶S̶S̶.̶
oharac@nyne.com
+1 646 746 777
╚═════════════════════════╝

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

EXTENDED SUMMARY

CORINA was born silent with her eyes wide open, and the midwives joked 'there is a child born ready!' Her mother was so proud, she had her life deftly planned out by her first breath, like a homemade quilt, her life was set to follow the same pattern her mother had followed, and her mother before her.

But the seams were ripped apart mercilessly in September 2001, as little Connie, only 10 years old then watched as the first tower was struck. She watched the smoke rise through the buildings, cheek pressed against the glass of her school's classroom, children shuffled against her, all trying to get a look of the wreckage. Teachers hurried from classroom to classroom, their hushed conversations muffled by the TVs which were blaring the breaking news.

"The trade center has fallen! The Pentagon has been stricken! Where is next?"

It was during her solemn ride home that Corina decided to be a part of the change, after seeing all the chaos, the firemen and policemen, and so much muck and blood, she decided she would join the Air Force.

At fourteen, however, her plans changed. She met the Oriana Fallaci in Florence, when her father took her to one of her book sightings. The reporter signed her book with 'to my future colleague', and that was enough to change Ohara's plans.

Her parents disapproved of her becoming a war correspondent of course, as any sane parent would. But relented when they saw not even the threat of disownment would make her reconsider. So straight out of college, (and by virtue of her parents influence) she began working for The New York News Express.

At the ripe age of 27, she had been all around Asia and Eastern Europe, and had been nominated for a Pulitzer for her work on the Chinese concentration camps.

It was however, two days before her 28th birthday when she was forced into early retirement. 'She was reckless' would later be her explanation, she never had an incapacitating injury, she was lucky! And if only she could make it past the enemy line and into a supposed makeshift hospital in Yemen, her Pulitzer was guaranteed this time.

That is if her camera man hadn't stepped on an IED, he was lucky, dead as soon as they heard that defying click, Corina suffered for fifteen hours before the American soldiers found her, scrunched against trash and lord knows what in an alley.