𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐓 𝐔𝐏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Primrose sat beside Peter as they gathered around a campfire to eat their food and listen to Ego's tale. Even though she wished she was more welcoming of the man, the Quill woman couldn't help the negative feelings she had towards him. There was just something about the gray-haired man that she didn't like. She didn't trust him in the slightest, and it didn't help that he kept sending strange looks her way. Despite all this, Primrose did her best to keep her emotions in check and her mouth sealed for Peter's sake.

Her brother had been a lot more welcoming of their new guest than she had. Peter was still skeptical of the stranger who claimed to be his father, but he was the one who invited him and his associate to join them for a meal. If anything, he wanted to hear the man's story and see if it could be true. Even though something deep down inside of him was telling him it didn't have to be.

"I hired Yondu to pick you up when your mother passed away. But instead of returning you, Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why," Ego explained to Peter while keeping his eyes glued to the redheaded man.

"Well, I'll tell you why. Because I was a skinny little kid who could squeeze into places adults couldn't. It made it easier for thieving," the Quill man responded as he looked away from the man who claimed to be his father and at the fire in front of him.

"Well, I've been trying to track you down ever since," Ego announced, making Peter look back over at the man next to him with an emotionless look in his eyes.

"I thought Yondu was your father," Drax said, drawing all attention to him before Peter and Primrose stared at him with disbelief in their eyes.

"What? We've been together this whole time and you thought Yondu was our actual blood relative?" the Quill man questioned while his sister did her best to hold back a scoff.

"You three look exactly alike."

"One's blue!" Rocket exclaimed with a hint of irritation in his voice, only for the Kylosian man to nod along with the raccoon before gesturing toward the Quill siblings.

"No, he's not our father. Yondu was the guy who abducted us, kicked the crap out of us so we could learn to fight, and kept us in terror by threatening to eat us," Peter responded while keeping his eyes glued to the fire in front of him.

"Eat you?! Oh, that son of a-" Ego cut himself off after he registered what his son said. It wasn't long after that when his eyes landed on the girl sitting next to the Quill man for the first time since they sat down to eat. He continued to study Primrose for a moment longer before opening his mouth to speak. "And who are you?"