pt. 1/1

David picked up the phone to call for pizza when he heard voices talking.

"Soo, no telling yet?" One voice spoke from the phone. Sounding a bit like David's friend Ron.

"No not yet" another voice, Brenda for sure, said.

"And how will you tell" Ron asked.

What were they talking about? David knew he should stop listening but he was to curious, and he wanted to know what they were talking about.

"I don't know... I guess when Exer gets here we'll figure it out" Brenda responded sounding drained and confused.

David's head spiked up at the mention of his best friend. (And crush)

"Brenda you need thinking right words. It's your brother" Ronald told her.

David was becoming more confused. What were Exer and Brenda planning on telling him? And why was Ron involved?

"Ron.. why are you so pressing? And why are you so worried? Be honest"

"Brenda, I already told you I care to and-"

"Please don't rush things, this isn't easy for me... I mean how can you tell your brother you dated his best friend behind his back?"

"It's already been a year, there's no way he'd be happy about this-"

-Beeeep-
David hung up the phone ending the call for both Brenda and Ron.

Time froze, David was so full of sadness, anger, and resentment, that he didn't know what to do. Then the door bell rang. His heart was beating so loudly that he was surprised Brenda couldn't hear it from upstairs. David already knew who was at the door, so he just opened it.

On the other side stood none other than Exer Campbell, the guy who lied to David's face for an entire year.

"H-hey Day, sorry for visiting out of the blue, but me and Brenda wanted to talk to you about something" Exer told him. But one look at David's face made him worried.

"Uhh, is everything alright?" He asked, seeing that David was clearly upset.

At that moment Brenda came rushing into the kitchen face bright red.

"DAVID! Were you the one who hung up the phone?" Brenda asked putting her hand on his shoulder.

"What?" Exer asked just loud enough for Brenda and David to hear.

"What did you hear, please tell me you didn't-" she was cut off by David's reply.

"Oh nothing really interesting, just everything about your secret romance" as David spoke he could feel the anger rising within him, and it made it harder to keep the tears down.

Instantly both Brenda and Exer's faces became full of guilt and fear.

"So that's what Jackson tried to tell me.. right? Everyone knew except me" David was practically yelling by now.

"David.." Brenda spoke trying and failing to calm him down.

"How could you guys lie to me like that?" David's voice was full of hurt as he spoke. He couldn't even look at them.

"N-no wait david, we're not dating anymore, this only happened last year" "and it's totally over I swear" Exer pleaded, trying to convince David that it was the truth.

"What-t? But.. I thought that.. maybe you'd still... "

David couldn't believe what he was hearing. Exer saying that they weren't a thing, Brenda thinking they could still be something. It was to much.