39

Alanna's POV

Alanna's POV

I was helping my mom make dinner. I came back from Vegas yesterday and of course my bruises were still there. I tried my best to cover them up with makeup and baggy clothes and I did a semi okay job.

My mom questioned the clothes and I just told her it was just chills from the medication the doctor had given me on from the abortion. That was a lie and chills weren't even a side effect but she didn't need to know that.

I haven't spoken to Trey since yesterday after I basically broke up with him. Ive been feeling so bad and couldn't help but think that he was with other girls. He was with other girls when he was with me so why wouldn't he be now?

My mom knew I broke up with Trey after I basically cried in her arms yesterday about it, I didn't tell her why but I just said he didn't know how to treat me how I was supposed to be treated. She knew I was taking it bad because she knew how much I loved him. I mean I still do love him.

"You need to be with a friend right now, how about you call Mya?" I shook my head no. "I haven't spoken to her since graduation. I'll just stay home, I'm feeling better" She nodded and handed me a plate of food.

"Good now go eat, you've lost a lot of weight Alanna, you were already thin enough" I took my plate and headed upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed and played around with my food for about ten minutes before I told myself I was waisting my time and just flushed it down the toilet in my bathroom.

My mom was right about me loosing weight, I mean I haven't eaten a proper meal in few days and I've kind of just been living off snacks. But it was hard for me to eat when all I could think about was him and what he was doing and how bad he's been treating me.

I was in the worst mental and physical condition I've ever been in and I knew if I told someone Trey would get in trouble and I'd never regret it if he went to jail, or even if I made everyone hate him.

I grabbed my now empty plate and walked downstairs setting the plate in the sink. "How was it Laaa?"

"It was good, as always" Right then the doorbell rang. We were expecting my aunt to be over so I didn't pay any mind to it and just sat o n the counter waiting for her to come in and say hi.

"Lana someone's ones here for you" I sighed and got off the counter to see Treylynd in my living room holding balloons flowers and a bag in his hand. We locked eyes and it was like all the feelings I had for him came rushing back. "Lana I thought you and Trey broke up?"

He put the stuff down and grabbed my hand. "No, it was just a misunderstanding we had, I'll talk to her outside." He pulled me with him outside.

"I'm sorry ma" He grabbed my other hand too locking both eyes with mines again.

"Yeah but you keep doing the same thing Trey-"

"I know but last night I was thinking about how much I missed you. I told my mom and everyone I was going to get you back"

"But you said that before, but then you snap and you hurt me"

"I know baby I'm sorry. I'll work on myself I'm trying"

"Then take your meds" he sucked his teeth and let go of my hands.

"Bae, I'll do anything for you, but I can't take my meds. I only get worse"

Before I could retaliate, he pulled a small box out of his pocket. I knew it was a ring before he even opened the box to show me the glistening diamond. It was silver, diamonds around the band and a big diamond in the middle. My heart stopped right there.

"Its not an engagement ring, I just wanted to promise I'd love you forever." He slid the ring on my ring finger and kissed my hand.

"Please babe I miss you so much" He pulled me into a hug kissing the top of my head. "I'm scared Trey" I mumbled against his chest, I thought he couldn't hear me... "I know"

__________

We were in my room watching TV. I knew my mom had a million questions downstairs and I so did not want to address her later. My heart felt full again knowing Trey was back with me. I was less stressed but not stress free. I was never stress free around him.

"Why you look upset?"

"I'm not. I'm just thinking about us" He grabbed my jaw and looked at me "I love you, now stop playin with me" he kissed me leaving me to smile like always. He barely kisses me anymore.

And that was the first time he told me he loved me. "Really ? You love me?"

"Yes baby I love you" I couldn't believe he was even telling me that. I didn't know if I should believe it or not, but I didn't think he'd spend thousands of dollars on a ring for nothing.

"I love you more than I love Illiana"