Chapter 1: The first change

"This isn't fair." She grumbled under her breath as the maid helped her brush through her hair.

Her messy dark hair was hard to tame, but if anyone knew how to deal with it best it was Maria, their house maid. They were sitting in front of her mirror dresser, getting her ready for her new school.

Hikari is a fifteen year old girl who grew up as a normal child, despite being much richer than the regular child. Other than the maid she's like any other girl, even their house isn't all that extravagant. She was even allowed to go to public school, at least until now.

That's right, Hikari was failing two of her classes. And having promised to her parents she would get stellar grades in exchange for staying in public school she was officially screwed. Now she would have to go to a school full of kids who were constantly being told how amazing they were. She was sure they'd be constantly flashing around their money in school and she was definitely not prepared to deal with them.

"There's nothing that can be done Miss. You made a promise after all. Promises are to be kept." Maria beginning to make a single braid.

"I know that Maria, but this is ridiculous. Look at this thing! I look like a bright yellow banana." Hikari said gesturing to the school uniform she was wearing.

It was bright yellow and baggy in certain places. It reminded her of the curious george story books she loved as a kid. She reminded herself of the man with the yellow hat. She felt like the collar was choking her buy resisted to undo it.

"I never should have taken those honors classes.." She said scowling.

"Well," Maria finished the braid and tied it before twisting it around, creating a tight bun. Hikari winced a bit.

"I think you look very cute Miss."

"Thanks Maria." Hikari smiled and stood up, looking at her reflection once before pushing in the chair and grabbing her bag.

She then said her goodbye's to her parents and little baby sister before reluctantly stepping into the family car.

'At least they didn't force me to ride to school in the family limo' She thought plugging in her earphones and shuffling her music.

As she did she took her braided bun and let it loose, getting rid of Maria's hard work. She felt a bit bad but there's no way she would ever wear her hair like that, fancy school or not. Even Maria knew her tomboyish personality but still had insisted on doing it.

She finally found a song and quickly played it, leaning back and closing her eyes. It was Coldplay, and one of her favorite songs too. She had a tendency to listen to American singers and bands, English being her favorite subject.

"When you try your best but you don't succeed." She sang quietly to herself.

"When you get what you want but not what you need."

The words made her mind flash to her parents and the money they had.

"When you feel so tired that you can't sleep. Could it be worse?"

(Authors note: Theres a time skip now to when she's arriving. And btw in case you probably noticed her thoughts are in bold so as to not confuse them.)

'Why is it pink?' She thought making a face as she stepped out of the car.

'I mean it could be just like any other school, and be any other color. But does it really have to look like it's straight out of a shoujo manga?'

There were other kids arriving as well, but in black and white limos instead of cars like her. They eyed her strangely but said nothing of it as they all walked into the school.