ch. 5

__________

Cookies
______

The day passed, very slowly. The time filled with me rolling around on the floor and trying to telepathically communicate with Klaus so he can come get me. That still hasn't worked... I think. It was finally night time, the room dimly lit by a lamp on the table next to the door.

I got up off the ground and quietly walked to the door before turning around to look back at the window. The moon illuminated the dust flying in the air. "Alright stealth time" I whispered and slowly turned the door knob, opening the door slightly and slipping through the open space.

I closed the door quietly and swiftly made my way to and down the stairs. I wondered around the dark open space in the house, the silhouette of flowers in a vase standing on the table in the center of the room. I shape shifted into Ben and then continued my journey to the kitchen, in hopes that the layout of this house is some what similar to our academy.

Minuets went by as I adventured around the big house, in search for the kitchen. I let out a sigh of relief when I walked into the kitchen and closed the door behind me, leaning against the closed door. "Finally" I huffed quietly and walked away from the door and towards the long table in the middle of the kitchen. I shifted back to myself..

"Ok... First we need flour" I nodded, walking around the table and towards the cupboards. I opened one and scrounged around till I found a bag of flour and pulled it out, turning around and placing it on the table. "Sugar" I nodded, pointing at the cupboard and walking back to it. I collected all my dry ingredients and then walked back to see them all sprawled around on the table.

"I don't think I can use a mixer... nor do I think these stuck up preps got one" I listed to myself, turning back around and scanning the counter in front of me. "Boowwll" I dragged out, bending over to open a cupboard under the counter. I immediately jumped and stood back up, feeling myself back into something. Letting out a quiet yelp as I turned around.

When I turned around I found a frazzled Ben, leaning against the table and his hands placed on the edge of it. I had apparently backed into him and he had apparently been standing behind me? I let out a sigh of relief. "Oh. Hi" I greeted. He still looked flushed as all hell and practically fusing with the table by how much he was leaning on it.

"You can calm down now pretty boy, I only backed into you" I scoffed, not sure if I should be offended by his reaction or not. Was he like repulsed by me touching him or flustered and embarrassed because I did? He darted his head to the side and let out a sigh, not saying a word. "Right" I nodded quietly and stepped towards Ben. I leaned forward and reached my arm past him to get the flour off the table, my chest inches away from his.

A flabbergasted smile crept on Bens face as I backed away and brought the flour to counter. He shook his head and trailed after me, peering over my shoulder. "Why the hell are you baking right now" He asked, shuffling to the side to see me working better. I turned to him. "Because I want cookies and I miss baking in here" I nodded and placed a hand on his chest, pushing him out of my way.

Ben stumbled back, tripping over himself. I walked past him and picked up the sugar and brown sugar. "Do you know if you got measuring cups" I asked and he raised his eyebrows.

"Why do you think I would know that?" Ben asked, scoffing. "Uhh, cus you live here?" I asked mockingly and a scoff escaped his open smile. Silence... "Fine I'll find it myself" I rolled my eyes and walked past him.