↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

SATURDAY, JULY 12, 1969

Alexandria did a little twirl in the mirror, smiling to herself. She'd picked out a red dress that flared at the bottom and fell to her knees for Eric's party this evening. She had curled her hair and styled it nicely, put some makeup on her face, some pretty shoes on her feet, and she'd even had the energy to shave her legs earlier! She was feeling beyond confident today, and she wasn't entirely sure why. She tried not to wonder about it, though. She just thanked the heavens for the feeling.

She let out an excited squeal and turned to go out to the living room. George waited for her there, dressed in a back dress shirt and some black slacks. His top button was undone, his long hair was a hot bloody mess, and a cigarette dangled from his lips, but Alexandria couldn't help but think he looked awfully handsome that way.

"What do you think?" she asked him, her smile still stuck to her face, but her confidence began to falter once she had someone to actually look at her. Her heart beat rather quickly as George dragged his eyes from her head to her feet, clearly trying to formulate a response.

Finally, he blew out a cloud of smoke and stared.

A moment too long.

Alexandria's confidence plummeted until it hit the cold, hard ground with a thud. She looked completely disheartened as she stared at George, unable to read his expression. To her utter embarrassment, tears formed in her eyes. "—Well, I'll go and change, then," she said, jumping to all the wrong conclusions.

George's face flushed white and he jumped to his feet. "Just so we're clear," he said. "You look divine, love!" He wrapped his hands around her arms, trying to stop her as she walked away.

"You hate it," she said, forcefully removing his hands from her arms and storming away, humiliated, tears streaming down her cheeks.

George's brow furrowed and he followed after her. "I didn't even say that!" he argued, confused as to what was happening and what exactly had promoted it.

Before he could enter their bedroom, the door slammed right in his face, inches away from the tip of his nose.

"Why do you get to dictate what I wear?" Alexandria choked pathetically. "Why do I even care what other people think? Why have you got to utterly ruin it for me?" She looked at herself in the mirror. Her makeup was already getting smudged from her tears and she no longer felt pretty in the dress. She felt self-conscious.

"Alex, love," George said, knocking against the bedroom door. "You look beautiful. Come out here. Everyone will think you're beautiful. All the blokes'll be so jealous that your mine." He smiled to himself at the thought.

Alexandria plopped down on the bed in a huff. She wrapped her arms around herself and wanted nothing more than to fade away. Then, she stood up and walked over to the door, and she pulled it open. "I don't wanna go," she said. "I wanna stay home. I don't want anyone to see me."