chapter eight

chapter eight 

i walked down to the beach alone, not waiting for conrad. i knew he was gonna meet me there so i didn't bother. i sat down with my legs against my chest, taking in the ocean air.

from the distance, i could hear footsteps coming closer to me.

"hello lor." he said, sitting down next to me.

"hello connie." i matched his tone.

he slightly chuckled, looking towards me. he pulled a cigarette out of his hoodie pocket and lit it up. "let me have a puff." i said, turning my head to his direction. he softly smiled with the cigarette in his mouth. he took the cigarette out of his mouth and handed it to me with no hesitation. "thank you kind sir."

he stared at me. i could feel his eyes staring at the side of my face. "stop staring fisher."

"i was not staring!" he exclaimed, immediately turning his head to the ocean.

"bullshit!" i laughed.

"no bullshit!" he repeated, pushing my shoulder which caused me to fall on my side. i ended up dropping the cigarette onto the sand.

"fuck me!"

"what?"

"you disgusting bitch!" i pulled him onto the sand next to me and we we're both laughing uncontrollably for no reason.

"why did you want to meet me here?" he asked me.

"i don't know. i couldn't sleep and i feel stupid for saying yes to mattheo."

"what the hell did you say yes to?" conrad asked slightly angry. he sat up and immediately pulled me up to look at him. it was all so sudden.

i sighed, knowing that he was about to have a commotion. "he asked to be my escort." i quickly replied with, shrugging right after the words came out of my mouth.

"are you fucking serious lorraine?" he said with a sharp tone.

"i don't have an escort conrad! you can't fucking blame me!"

"there are so many other people here in cousins and you end up getting twisted with mattheo martinez. do you know how bad that is?"

"no i don't! jeremiah didn't want to be my escort, stevens already going with someone and you didn't want to be my escort either! you can't control who i say yes to connie!"