25: Damaged hearts

(Chapter - 25)

"Are you really feeling alright? Should I get you a wheelchair?" Jake asked her this question for the hundredth time since she walked with him. He cared a lot for her. He was concerned about Yera's condition.

"I told you many a times, I am doing well, don't worry!" After observing his anxious expression, Yera chuckled at him.

"Let's go now, shall we?" Jake smiled wholeheartedly as he noticed Yera walking next to him.

Yera started rubbing her hands as soon as cold breeze hit her body, her teeth chattering due to the cold weather. She was finally going back to the mansion today.

"Give me your hand." Jake requested her to which Yera hesitantly extended her hand towards him. He softly took her hand in his and placed it in his jacket pocket, his hand intertwined with hers.

Her touch had a pleasant warmth to it. Jake could feel the frost leave his body as soon as they made contact. At that point, he experienced that peculiar yet unprintable emotion in his heart.

"Thanks Jake." Yera giggled out.

"Call me Jakey." Jake mumbled.

"Sorry, what?" Yera asked him to repeat his words as they went inaudible to her, staring at him with a perplexed gaze.

"Nothing, I never said a thing." Jake shrugged it off, feeling a bit embarrassed for the second time.

'It was not more embarrassing than that subway surfers one though.' Jake laughed at the thought, earning Yera's suspicious look at him.

"Jake! Wait a moment!" Yera halted at her steps, causing him to look at her with concern.

"Are you feeling any pain or something?" Jake scanned her face for a response.

"Leave my hand, I am going to grab an ice cream stick." Yera detached her hand from his and ran towards the ice cream stall.

Jake stood there at the spot, his mouth agape at how quickly she seemed to have a mood swing. He was ecstatic as he saw her skipping steps towards the stall while humming a melody. Her happiness brought him bliss. A smile soon after crept onto his face, resembling a child who got his favourite candy.

Is this how love feels like?

Within a few seconds, Yera approached the blue-striped stand, smiling brightly as she explored among the many flavours, hoping to discover one that would relish her taste buds.

"Excuse me? Can I get the orange ice candy?"

Yera knocked twice on the table before the person, who was apparently selling the ice cream.

"Sure you would get one."

The person lifted up his snapback swiftly.

"And that also for free, m'lady."

There stood the person she didn't want to see for a while standing in front of her, with a smug look plastered on his face.

It was Heeseung.

Yera could feel the sadness engulfing her. Her heart was tormenting.

"What do you think of yourself, huh? Are you here to flaunt your rich money wings?"

Yera snorted at him, rolling her eyes at him.

"I am just doing my job here, madame." Heeseung chuckled, playing around.

"Here's your ice cream~" Heeseung extended the pack towards her.

"Just stop fooling around, Hee. I am not in a mood to deal with this shit." Yera glared at him furiously.

"Listen, Yera, I am really sorry!" Heeseung said it out loud, as soon as he noticed her turning her toes towards the opposite direction.

But before she could walk away, Heeseung gripped onto her wrist tightly, stopping her right there.

Hot tears were already descending her swollen eyes as Heeseung made her look towards him.

"Hey, stop crying, I am really sorry." Heeseung looked at her with sincerity as he embraced her in his arms. Her sobs muffled against his chest as she cried, trying to get rid of her emotions.

She shoved Heeseung off her and distanced herself from him as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Do you really think an ice cream will make me change my mood?"

"I AM NOT A DAMN KID. LEE HEESEUNG!" She yelled while crying as she hit his firm body with her knuckles.

"Calm down, angel." Jake consoled her as he tried to stop her from hitting Heeseung.

"You will drain your energy, it's not good for you." Jake traced her face in a soothing pattern as he wiped off the crystal tears off her cheeks by his thumb.

"Take me away from him, Jake." Yera muttered in her frail voice as she hid her face by gripping on his opened jacket. Jake furiously glared at Heeseung, who had a saddened expression on his face.

Heeseung felt his heart shattering even more as he observed her finding her solace in Jake instead of him.

It crushed his heart into two.

The couple abandoned him outside the hospital grounds, leaving him standing still with the ice cream that dripped down his hand.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️