Practically Famous

Richie Tozier. God he had a huge glow up, he used to have super short hair and these tacky red glasses. Oh and don't get me started on those weird Hawaiian shirts that he would wear over other shirts. But now, now he's a whole different person. He has medium length hair, with dark brown curls, he usually wears this jean jacket with grey cotton sleeves, and a nirvana shirt of some sort underneath it. He always has on black nail polish and baggy pants. He has a band too, 'The Losers' Club'. He's the drummer, and sometimes the part-vocalist. Everyone knows who he is, and most girls are head-over-heels in love with him, and one boy. Me, Eddie Kaspbrak, your casual everyday nerd. I have similar curls to his, but shorter and chestnut color, I play flute in orchestra, I have all A's, I eat lunch with my bio teacher, I usually wear some sort of sweater or sweater vest, and I suck at almost all sports because I have terrible asthma. But none of that's important, because it's 3rd period, and all I have to do is sit and stare at Richie from the back of the class.

"Who knows the answer to question 27?" Mr. Houragin points to the board, because he wrote out the problem. I look around the class seeing if anyone got the answer, then after a long silence, Richie raises his hand, a large grin on his face.

"Yes, Mr. Tozier?" Mr. H seems exceptionally pleased. Richie never raises his hand, unless to go to the bathroom for a smoke break. The question was a summary of the topic.

"Basically the homophobes burnt down a shit ton of fags houses and then the fags that fought back got sentenced to death and the homophobes got a get-out-of-jail-free card." Richie nods, lowering his hand and looking over at his friend Bill, giggling.

"Mr. Tozier, that is a very inappropriate explanation of such a tragic time. Especially because of some of the representation in this classroom." The teacher stares right at me and I feel my jaw drop, trying not to laugh. My friend Bev quickly hits my shoulder repeatedly, immediately laughing.

Then Richie asks his friend something and Bill points at me. Richie turns around to look at me, and I feel my heart drop into my stomach. He has a huge grin on his face.

"Very sorry if I.. 'offended you'." Richie puts air quotes between the words. Some of his dark curls fell over his face, and the sun from the window hit the other side perfectly. I think it was visible that I was blushing. Then, he turns around. I stared at the back of his head until lunch.

XXX

"Oh my god! It's Eddie Kaspbrak, the fag of the century!" I heard a familiar voice from behind me, Henry fucking Bowers. I turn around, my arms crossed and my head tilted.

"What the fuck do you want, Bowers?" I notice that we're standing in the middle of the cafeteria. A lot of eyes on us, but not all luckily. Henry grabs the neckline of my shirt, pulling me close to him.

"Don't the losers eat outside? What the fuck are you doing in my territory?" Henry quirks a brow, motioning around us, at the right side of the cafeteria. Fuck I'm in deep shit, but I can't stop now.

"Walking? Sorry do I have to have that trash hair cut to walk in this area?" I shove him off of me, and notice his friends trying not to laugh. Then I look back to Henry, and notice his face turned bright red, he kinda looks like Elmo from that kids show.

"Oh, you little piece of sh-!" Henry starts to pull his arm back, forming a fist. But right before I felt it hit my face, I felt someone shove me. Then look up, to see a mop of black curls, facing Henry, with one finger on Henry's chest, pushing him away.

"Wow, Bowers. You've got a mean right hook. But next time try to swing all the way through." Richie's voice floods my senses, then he laughs, wiping blood from under his nose. Henry's eyes get really wide.