~The Paranormal P1 (Fedex)~

GUYS IT'S OUR TENTH FEDEX ONESHOT! IM SO GODDAMN PROUD OF THIS OMFG!! SO, FOR OUR FEDEX SPECIAL...

-tag ur fedex shipping friend! :) (i don't count lmao)

-comment below an emoji food of your choice so we can have a wattpad potluck :D

-and buckle down for some fedex fluff that i picked up from tumblr that was originally keefex but whatever!!

-sorry that i didn't do this for my tenth sokeefe, since at this point we have reached fourteen sokeefe oneshots! good for them, but its not sokeefe time right now ;)

i also wanted to say thank you so much for 100 followers! i couldn't have asked for better supporters, and i'm sorry to my friend -CH3RRY_BL0SS0M- for spamming her oneshot comments on her own fedex story.

enjoy, you fangirls!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Dex's POV✩

From the moment I was born, I was always fascinated by ghosts.

Skeletons, zombies, ghouls, anything paranormal. I would stay up all night in my room when I was five, reading books about haunted houses and evil supernatural beings. I would stare up at the ceiling, praying to above that I would be able to be like one of those ghost scientists on TV, smiling fearlessly in the face of the abnormal. In a way, I was one of them myself. I just blended in a lot more easily, at first glance.

I studied every inch of their courageous grins. The men and women from all around the world, dedicating their life to learning about this species proven to be just as intelligent- if not more intelligent- than humans. The crinkles around their eyes, their chapped lips, everything about them on television seemed so...brave. There was no speck of fear inside their mind overcoming their judgment and eating away their confidence from the inside out.

I could be like that one day, I thought. If I tried hard enough, if I worked at my dream like there was no tomorrow.

And that's exactly what I did. And what happened. Partly, anyway.

I stared outside the window of the cramped truck dreamily, at the snow-capped mountains in the distance and the purplish pink fog circling around them like cotton candy being made at a carnival. The sun was setting into the mountains fast, and I knew I would only have a short amount of time after I arrived at Everglen to eat dinner and prepare for bed. Tomorrow would be a strict day of work, and I had no room in my schedule to stay up late at night when my whole career was on the line.

The Vackers called me a few days ago, explaining their problem with a rouge poltergeist in the mansion. They gave me a very short amount of time to do my job, but due to their limitless wealth, they assured me my payment would be incredibly generous on top of a truckload of publicity for my underground ghost-exterminating business. It was the biggest job I'd gotten in the two years of running my rather underwhelming company, but I had high hopes that the Vackers would change that with a snap of their fingers and a couple of words to the right people.

I admit, I was never fond of the Vackers. They were considered celebrities in the assortment of towns clumped together in the Lost Valley. The Vackers founded the valley originally a couple hundred years ago, and they've been worshipped ever since. Their children, Fitz and Biana, have been doomed to be spoiled rich kids since the moment they returned from the hospital to their fancy sparkle haven.

I was hesitant to take this job in the first place. Let's just say that when I said I was never fond of the Vackers, that was a major understatement. I loathed them, with every fiber of my being. My friends and assistants, Tam and Linh Song, were the ones to persuade me to take up the offer from them to progress my crappy ghost-catching business.