And they were roommates!

Percy loved Oliver.

After the war, when everything changed, it was a relief when the one thing that would never change was Percy and Oliver's relationship.

Percy was there helping Oliver recover from long days of training and Oliver was there to help Percy try and rebuild his relationship with the Weasley family.

Unfortunately, between Percy's guilt complex and the damage done before and during the war, the relationship between Percy and his family was still tense.

But that didn't necessarily play a part in Oliver's newest dilemma, Percy's birthday.

His golden one to be specific.

Percy's golden birthday fell on the same day as his first-ever Quidditch cup game.

Due to the recently ended wizarding war, the game was pushed back to Percy's birthday.

And as much as Oliver loved quidditch, he loathed the idea of not spending Percy's birthday with him.

Percy wasn't necessarily upset, he just told Oliver to win the game and that would be enough.

However, Oliver was a Gryffindor and that meant going the extra mile.

Percy didn't have many friends, but the ones he did were extremely close to him.

After the war, Percy had decided to join the archives department of the Ministry, a position where he felt comfortable doing things he enjoyed while also helping the Ministry recover from the Death Eater invasion.

There, Percy befriended his co-worker, Reese, and their kind boss, Cassiopeia.

 It was August 1, 1998, and Oliver had met up with Cassiopeia because she was apparently the only one who had any experience in regards to shopping for rings.

"Hello, Cassiopeia, you have no idea how thankful I am for your help." Oliver greeted.

The curly-haired girl smiled and waved her hand, "I'm glad you asked! You have no idea how excited I am that you brought me along. Also, please call me Cassi, my full name is such a mouthful."

Oliver and Cassi exchanged pleasantries before entering the ring store.

"Do you have a price limit?" Cassi asked.

Oliver shook his head, "No, Percy deserves only the best."

Cassi smiled widely, "You guys are perfect for each other."

The two wandered the store, Cassi asking the important questions and narrowing down the ring choices.

"So what you're telling me is that if we get a ring, stick to something simple?"

Cassi rolled her eyes, "Essentially yes. However I recommend sticking with specific gems. Rubies represent romantic love, diamonds represent eternal love, and rose quartz represents unconditional love. Diamonds are the traditional pick, but having other gems incorporated will make it more unique. Stick to something not too extravagant, but make it more tailored to your relationship."

Oliver nodded, trying to absorb the information as the two continued their search.

Nearly two hours later (and multiple ring stores disappointing them), Oliver came upon the perfect ring.

It was simplistic in design, with the classic gold band and gem in the center. But it was still gorgeous, the rose quartz gem in the center was ovular and surrounded by a diamond and ruby gem pattern. The visible part of where the gems and band met was twisted into infinity symbols on both sides.