Chapter One

Like any other day, Paris was up early getting ready for work while trying to get her two twin four year olds, Nova Jaye and Benjamin Christopher, ready for daycare. She had been practically running around like a chicken with her head cut off because of trying to do multiple things at once. Something she had always been good at, but in this instance, she needed to slow down to make sure that she would get everything done. 

"Guys, come on. We are gonna be late. Mommy and daddy have to get to work." Paris would call out to her kids as she also finished at least getting her clothes on after she had washed her face and brushed her teeth. Hearing them still running around playing, she sighed as she looked back at Kelly asking if he could get them ready to go because they needed to be out the door before they all would be late. 

Kelly nodded as he made his way out of their bedroom and down the hall to the kids' bedroom and he saw them still playing and he sighed. "Alright you two, you're going to daycare. Listen to mommy please and lets get going. Its time to get your shoes and coats on. Its too cold to be waiting around." he gives them both a stern but firm look. 

Nova and Benny stop what they were doing and say in unison, "Okay daddy." they both go grab their shoes and coats, going in the livingroom, sitting down on the couch waiting for him. Kelly kneels down and puts their shoes on, giving each a light kiss on top of their heads. "Alright, do me a favor and go grab your coats and wait by the door. Daddy has to grab your backpacks and lunches." He says as he then says. "Stay right here please."

He goes back to getting himself ready and grabs their backpacks and lunches, placing the lunches inside each of their backpacks. He eventually goes to put their coats and backpacks on. "Almost ready. Daddy needs to find his radio and his jacket. Stand right here and dont move."

"Yes daddy!" they say in unison once again. 

Kelly grins and goes to find his things. "Almost ready babe?" he calls out stopping to glance at Paris in the mirror, which brings a sly grin to his face. "You look beautiful."

At this point, Paris was finally able to get herself together for work while he was dealing with the kids. She stood in the mirror fixing her hair, in a half up/half down style. She slipped her jacket on and she grabbed her radio doing the same with it. She glanced back up through the mirror seeing Kelly and she smiled. "Thank you. I am almost ready." Paris turned from the mirror as she grabbed her phone charger and phone before sliding the phone in her jacket pocket. "Okay, now I think I am ready. Just need to grab my coffee and then we can go."

As they are headed out, Kelly asks, "Have you see my captain's jacket babe? I can't find it or my tie..." Paris looks at him and she shakes her head, "I haven't seen it." she tells him as he looks around for another solid colored tie and grabs his Squad 3 jacket instead. " Never mind, I'll look for it later. Might be in my locker. Kids are ready to go waiting by the front door." 

( If there was one thing you could say, ONLY the Severides could be THIS functional at 8 in the morning. -_- Back to the story... )

"Let me know if its there, if not, then i'll be on the lookout for both of them." she tells him as she goes into the kitchen grabbing her Yeti cup of coffee and she made her way to the front door seeing her beautiful children and she opened the door. "No running you two. Go ahead and get in the car." 

Kelly comes behind them with the backpacks and his work bag. He opened up the doors to the car and helped them into their car seats. He made sure they were strapped in, tossing his work bag in the trunk. He remembered he forgot his coffee mug so he starts the car and goes back in, coming back a few seconds later. He placed it in the cupholder beside him and he backed the car out of the driveway and made their way to daycare and then to Firehouse 51.

"Daycare! Daycare!" The twins chanted. "They love to go to daycare while their parents save the city." Kelly smiles as he drives down the road. He turns on the kids' music for them to listen to during the drive over to daycare. Paris smiled as she thought back to their first day of daycare to which she wasn't ready to let them go but seeing them now, she knew that she could and would be okay.