Ideas

I was walking home along the stale, grey patio, minding my business and whistling. It was already quite dark out. I had just come back from music practise and had my guitar on my back, strutting down the street, counting the lamp posts from music practise to home. As I passed an alleyway, I looked into the narrow, dark space, then snapped my head back onto the road, shuddering at the pitch black darkness that greeted my eyesight at a single glance. Wanting to get away, I sped up my step a bit, still counting the lamp posts to calm myself down. Then, as I looked behind my back out of paranoia, I saw a dark, tall and cloaked figure approaching me.

He or she matched my steps, tho he or she was noticably getting closer. I closed my eyes, turned my head back to the road and breathed in, counting to three. Then, when I looked back, I expected it to be a hallucination. A picture my mind made for me to scare me away. But no, there it still was, following me. Determined to loose whoever was following behind me, I started turning corner after corner, leading the figure away from my house. When it started getting uncomfortably closer, I break into a sprint, not wanting to risk anything. The dark figure also starts running. That's when I realize that he or she was actually following me, that, as I'd hoped, it wasn't just a crazy coincidence that he or she had to be following the same path as me. Soon, I felt my lungs burn and my legs getting weak, tho, as determined as I was, I wasn't going to let that stop me yet. After another ten minutes of running, I realize that I led myself into a dead end. I stopped, not being able to go any further. I clutched my head at both sides, calming down a bit as it seems like I might have lost my pursuer. I breath heavily, doubling over, my hands on my knees as I tried to even out my breathing, my throat sore and itching.

But just when I thought I was safe, I watched as the figure came into view once again. 'Oh no, no, no, no, no, NO!', I thought, fearing the worst. 'I should have gotten out of this dead end while I still had the chance!', my brain yelled at me. I was angry at myself for not having noticed that possibility, raking my fingers through my hair and silently cursing to myself as I watched the cloaked figure move into view, towering high and menacingly above me. Fear shot through me, rooting me to the spot and leaving me completely motionless. After a few seconds, I regained my composture, quickly raisibg my hands above my face, trying to protect it, when I felt the neck of my guitar against my back. Swiftly, I slid the guitar off of my shoulders, grabbing it by the long neck and raising it threateningly above my head, ready tonstrike. 'I'm sorry my dear guitar, but it was for a good cause..', I thought sorrowful, knowing that I would probably have to destroy it if I have to put it to use on this void black figure. Then, I heard a whisper yell back, saying: "Don't break me! I can be of use to you!". 'What?', I thought, not registering where that could have come from. The cloaked figure was only getting closer, until it was about a foot away from me. I then heard guitar notes strumming themselves, and I looked up at my hands where I held the guitar. I slowly took it in my arms properly, wanting to try and strumm some strings. I looked up at the figure, then down to the guitar. "Just play whatever melody you want and it should manage to push your pursuer farther away from you.". 'Farther away from me?', I thought, then looked at the man or woman, raising my hand and quickly letting it glide down, strumming all of the strings. I watched, eyes wide open, as the attacker indeed seemed to be pushed back by an invisible force. His or her back hit the trunk of a tree, the head also being thrown back. Terrified, I watched as the body slumped into a little pile, leaned against the tree, it's head lolling down and swaying a bit from side to side before stopping, leaving the body motionless.