21

back to the present
timeskip a few days after

it's finally time...

"now tell me. what did you see?" satoru asked.

"..." i remain silent. not wanting to say a word. my throats feels as if there's something blocking it.

"sayuri, are you not gonna answer me? if so then what's the point of you doing that? don't tell me you're gonna act on your own?" satoru ask...again.

"okay okay.. I'll tell you. calm down..." i paused, taking a deep breathe.

"listen. first of all, i saw them going through a door that open a place in another dimension, i think. It was a beach,.. a beach in the middle of Tokyo. And they have their own group. an organization? there's the blue stiches freak and the mount fuji curses too. that's all. oh and the fact that they knew how our system work and where the room that stores all of the cursed object. jujutsu tech is not safe anymore."

i say, hiding one important information.

"okay thanks...but why are you hesitating to tell us that?" shoko question.

"are you sure that's all, sayuri?"

"yes."

later, that afternoon

I was sitting under the tree at the open field, alone.

that was until, a certain spiky haired come and sit next to me.

"what are you doing here, all alone?" he ask me.

"ah.. just clearing my mind"

"is there something wrong?" he ask again.

"...i felt conflict gumi. i know something that nobody else know. it's something so important especially to satoru and shoko. but.."

"but?"

"I don't want all of us to go through the same pain we went through back then..this secret im holding, hurts all of us and leave a big scar that will never fully heal on us. especially satoru. I don't want them to get hurt again, maybe this time the pain will be even more stronger. i rather shoulder the pain and burden all to myself and solve everything by myself..."

even if it means, me sacrifing myself.

"you are making that suicidal look nee-san. I don't know if this gonna help because I don't feel what you feel but..you don't have to shoulder it alone. you're always like that and gojo-sensei always scolds you remember? he didn't like it too. so do i" he say softly before getting up.

"i gotta go. but please do think about what i say. i honestly, don't want you to be gone already" he smile a little before walking away.

that's...kinda out of character of him. but he's right.

i let out a sigh before opening my phone and send a message to satoru and shoko.

later~

"you need to meet us, sayuri?" shoko ask smiling a little. guess she's high?

"what is it yuri-chan????" satoru say, somehow sounding excited.

"look..i need you guys to prepare for what im gonna say. and as you guys know, I'll never lie especially when it's about what I saw whenever i use my ability right"

"ok... this is getting serious"

"is there something matter yuri-chan? what is it about?"

"... it's about the cursed i saw. including the blue stiches and the cursed named jogo there's another one i saw very clearly...

it's geto.."

...
...
...
...
...

"hey it's not funny sayuri, i thought we all have agreed that we're not talking about that anymore"

"im not joking shoko. you know how i am. I don't want to talk about this too but...i clearly saw his face. at first I thought maybe it's an illusion but that person, he knew how my cursed technique work. very precisely. he even knew about the forbidden technique and somehow have a way to counter it and forced me to wake up to reality..." i explained, with a serious look on my face.

but seeing shoko disbelief face, i sigh. well, it was expected. who would believe me anyway?

i held my hair up to show them my neck, revealing a long and terrible bruise circling my neck, like a chokehold.

"hey i don't wanna believe it too...but look here, back then there was a force on my neck suffocating me so much that i almost die. actually, i would've die if i didn't wake up on time...

and the words he said to me. i had my doubt about his true identity but..i just want to tell you guys...be careful.."

that's it. I've told them.

I turn to look at satoru and see him with a conflict expression.

... I've expected that

"satoru i--"

"no way that is suguru. he died. HE DIED BACK THEN SAYURI. YOU SAW IT. YOU SAW IT TWICE"  he snapped. his chest moving up and down fastly, his face turn red and...he looks panic and in disbelief.

im prepared for this. the moment i decided to tell them..from that very moment.

"...toru, i don't sure about his true identity but there's so much odd things about it that i just can't ignore. i just thought that i have to tell you guys this... I can't say for sure that is geto, or that he really exist...but I can't say for sure for the opposite too" i say, slowly.

"whatever it is. please. leave me alone for now sayuri. I don't want to see you. im afraid i might hurt you sayuri. I don't even want to hear your voice right now" he coldly said.

"satoru!!" shoko shouted, rage evidence in her voice.

ahhh... it's always like this of course.. im prepared of it too..but still, im so dumb for being jealous of his bestfriend.

come to think of it, back then too...im always feeling jealous of suguru in secret with how satoru treasure him so much.

satoru has always treat me the best, that was until suguru come.

and i understand why that is, for satoru suguru is his one and only. the only person ever see him as a person, not the strongest and not the six eyes user.

because for me who's also a "gifted kid", I can't comfort satoru the way suguru did.

and because I can't find that comfort so my understanding of satoru become farther.

"i understand. but one thing I want you to know. i don't want this either. i only tell you both this because i think you guys deserve to know. and in case anything happens and i can't save you..

i desperately want to save you both and settle this for good but then again, i don't want to lose any of you...again.

you guys don't have to worry about the investigation, I'll find out all about it by myself"

i say turning my back on them before walking away.

I don't want him to get mad at me, I don't want hear hurtful words come out of his mouth.. it's better this way.