22

satoru pov
after sayuri left

"you do know you're being shitty to her now right?" shoko speak out.

"..."

"can't you see that she's in pain too satoru? and are you just gonna ignore the fact that she said she almost died while finding out that shocking truth happening right before her eyes? don't you think the one feeling conflicts the most right now is her?

she chose not to believe her eyes once and that becomes the most traumatic and regretful things to her. it betrayed her life so since that she always believe in her ability no matter how hurtful it is"

"..."

shoko took a seat next to me, sighing.

"hey satoru, you know.. I've always wondered what is sayuri feeling when she saw something that others don't and her pain when she failed to change the regretful future. and how she's terrified of her own ability. but everytime, she risked everything to use it just to make sure we're safe...

and everytime she cries, you're there for her. now tell me satoru, who's on her side right now?"

i look at shoko who's showing me a look full of grieves.

"i.. i don't know, shoko--"

"hey, i don't like what she said too. and i know she don't like what she has to said too. but, there used to be four of us right? not three but four. she's one of us. she feel what we feel too right" she smile weakly before getting up and walking away from the room we met up.

flashback

"hey satoru, yuri looks down today...why don't you comfort her!!" suguru yelled, hitting my back.

"ouch. hey im sad too okay!" i rolled my eyes, rubbing my back that's aching due to suguru strong hit.

"but you guys are always happy together right? you always comfort yuri and it always works the best for both of you" suguru say.

"why don't you go and comfort her?" i retorts, annoyed.

"it's different when im the one doing it. i can only do it sometimes but for things like this, it has to be you satoru.

so don't ever left yuri alone, you hear that dumbass? or I'll murder you myself"

end of flashback

"fuck it..." i mutter. i immediately get up and run out to search for sayuri.

only to end up, bumping onto an annoyed megumi.

"hey megumi, did you see sayuri?" i ask him, full of hope.

"i ain't telling you. listen here gojo-sensei, i don't know what the hell is the thing that she said was so important that she's willing to die for it than telling you guys but you really are a jerk. now, go search for her by yourself. excuse me" megumi walk away leaving me alone trying to process the things he said to me in spite of anger.

"ah...why am i such a dumbass.." i mumble to myself.

after an hour of searching, i found her on the rooftop of our old class building. the place we used to hang out at, all the time.

"hey..." i say timidly.

i expected her to stay silent but instead i hear a soft voice responded to me.

"oh, hey... do you want to be alone here? I could leave if you want me to"

i don't like this..
fuck it why am I such a jerk....
to make her endure it all the time..

"no..i actually came to find ya"

"oh..why is that?" she softly ask, trying to hide the fact that she's been crying. although she knows that i will always know when she cries.

i let out a big sigh and walk towards her before hugging her from behind. i could feel her body reacts in shock and stiffened up.

"why didn't you tell me what happened to your neck earlier? you could've died and i didn't even know that..." i whispered in her ears.

"it's nothing, really..." she replied.

"it's not nothing... and how about the one where you planned to shoulder all of the pain and burden all by yourself even if it means sacrificing yourself?"

at this i could feel her body stiffened even more.

"that..."

"I know, im such a jerk.. im sorry yuri.. i didn't think straight and i didn't even consider what are you feeling. i said terrible words to you. while you here, blaming yourself and trying to protect us all the time..."

i turned her to look at me as her eyes started watering.

"i love you and im sorry yuri...i may be such an imperfect man for a woman like you but please, share your pain with me the way you let me" i whispered to her, bumping our nose as i watch tears falling down from her eyes.

her beautiful eyes.
as time goes on, her soft cries turn into a sobs as she leans her head on my chest.

"my beautiful, beautiful sayuri...i love you so much"