천생연분 (Soul mates)

"I had the strangest dream today," Seyoung said to Minsoo that morning. They were in the kitchen, grabbing food before another dance practice for their oncoming comeback, and the morning light was slipping in through the half-open curtains. The rest of their members were still busy trying to heave their asses from their beds, but they had to hurry if they wanted to make it in time.

"Yeah? What was it about?" Minsoo inquired. He looked unfairly fresh and lively in this early morning.

"Well, I don't remember all the details now, but you and I were in a band..." he hesitated, trying to recall the dream and wondering how to voice things the best. Minsoo just raised one of his sharp eyebrows in a silent "no shit, Sherlock" , and Seyoung burst out a quiet laugh. "Have a little patience! We were in a band, but it was an eight-members one."

"Eight? Woah, that's a lot of people to share a dorm with" Minsoo laughed. "Were we popular?"

"Yeah, I think so. But you know how dreams are, some things aren't important there. I remember you were dancing to something, and it was obviously awesome... And there was some loud laughing kid dancing with you. There were two more guys I've never seen before, one really calm and handsome, and one tall and smiley..." He saw Minsoo nodding at him to continue, so he took a moment staring at his plate trying to recall the fleeting images. "And one more, our leader. He..."

"Leader? Did they kick you out of the position for ordering too much junk food?" Minsoo joked, so Seyoung jabbed him playfully in the ribs.

"As if you would ever sell me! Besides, we would go down together." His teammate only flashed him a cheeky smileof silent agreement, so he continued. "No, I wasn't the leader, but I was the eldest. I don't remember our leader well, but I guess he managed us fine..." He paused, lost in thoughts, but a familiar voice stopped his attempts to see the hazy figure clearer.

"What leader? Are you resigning again?" Yujin joked, walking into the kitchen and greeting them. He went straight to the fridge, opening it with one hand and trying to do something with his bed hair with the other. Seyoung smiled at him and moved his chair to make more space.

"Very funny. But if you leave such a mess in the living room again, it might end like that," he threatened with a light voice, just for his friends to raise their brows at the old bluff. "No, I was talking about a funny dream I had tonight. I was in a large band with Minsoo. And you were there as well, with your puppy energy. And there was one more member..."

"Hey, guys. Am I hearing this right, Seyoung is dreaming of getting more members? Aren't we enough trouble for you?" Hyunoh asked, walking in with a smile and going straight for the fruit bowl. Everyone exchanged greetings and finally sat at the table together. Seyoung felt a warm feeling fill him – they were back to their dynamics of old days, with no grudges or unnecessary secrets. They were true friends once again and Seyoung couldn't be happier about it.

"Our leader is so done with us he started dreaming of another band," Minsoo provided with a joyful grin. "But apparently, his mind is secretly too fond of us, so it put me and Yujin in his imaginary band."

"How cool. So, what about this last member? Was it me?"

"Erm, no, actually," Seyoung laughed nervously. "It was Shax's maknae, Hyuk..."

The members went silent for half a second, and then the kitchen filled with loud laughs of Minsoo and Yujin and offended cries of their hyung.

"What?! You're picking that kid over your own band member? What have I done to your mind to hate me so much?!"

"Hey, it's not like I controlled it! It was a dream!"

"I gotta admit, Minsoo, Hyuk was pretty cute when we saw him at this performance with Dojin..."