1

You sat outside on your porch, an empty chair sitting next to you. This is where your grandfather used to sit.

You remembered him well, he taught you how to fight demons, and how to protect yourself with a katana. You were happy until your father got hungry.

When he was hungry, someone that was close to you would eventually be devoured by him.

"You see, Y/N.. demons are just like us. But they need to eat us to survive. Do you understand?" Your
Grandfather had asked you.

"No, I do not! They kill people Grandfather, I can't imagine even thinking of them like that." You retorted.

"Oh, Y/N.." He placed a hand on your shoulder.
"You will understand your ol' grandpoppy some day.." he chuckled.

You looked up to him, why was he.. so comforting?

Just looking at him smile and be happy made you laugh with him.

"Grandfather.. I will become the best demon slayer of all time!" You assured him.

"I believe you, child." He sighed. "I believe IN you."

Your eyes were dull, and full of hatred and sadness.

Your father has taken everything from you. That man was your everything.

( choose whatever color you want them to be)

( your eyes are a neon color )

You felt footsteps of about 3 people coming up to the front door, giggling.

This caused a smile to plaster onto your face, it was your siblings.

They all burst through the door with large grins, running over to you.

"Y/N!" Daicha, your 9 year old sister exclaimed as she latched onto your arm.

"Hey, wanna play tag Y/N? Come on! Let's play tag." Ori who was 6 years old said while plopping onto your lap.

"I'd love too!" You grinned, giving them a closed eye smile.

"Tch, there's no use in even playing tag with her. She's always going to win anyway!" Your brother, Tino, who was 10 snarled while playfully punching you in the shoulder.

You scoffed and sat up while carrying Ori in your arms. You patted Tino on the head while chuckling quietly.

"Oh please, you're just angry because I'm better than you!" You said, knowing it would anger him more.

Tino's eyes widened in anger before poking you in the chest harshly.

"Oh shut up! I'm better, and always will be!" He said boastfully, while pointing at himself.

"Alright then Tino, whatever you say. I'm going to go inside with mother. I'll play tag with you next time."

"Oh, Y/N! You.. probably don't want to see her right now. She's having one of her moments." Daicha said with a concerned look on her face.