Fate isn't as friendly as it seems...

The key to death – nothing but grief

Like a dead star – on stage, a thief

Shining so brightly – fooling us nightly

It's smile there – say it's beautiful

But it never had life – it was unusable

Several years believed – a shooting star

But it was death – a scar too far

Foolish we were – to believe in stars

For they were nothing – empty memoirs

----

I smiled upon your teary eyes, "We were never meant to be, Yoohyeon."

I knew you'd cry, hell, I would cry too, but it was inevitable. It was inevitable how we fell in love. It was inevitable how we fell apart. Perhaps, the stars were shining too brightly. Perhaps, we were hoping far too much from this crippling world of sheer misfortune.

Had we lost luck with each other? Of course. I loved you and still do. I'm ready to travel worlds for you, lose an arm... leg... anything, only for you. You know that all too well. But our members... I could never put aside their hard work.

We both knew the risks the moment we met, eye-to-eye. The attraction was obvious, so obvious the others noticed. They knew the risks more than we did, yet they pushed us together. Helped gravity fulfill its job.

Had we been born in different timelines, would we've been free? Free from dead stars and misty eyes. Free from fake smiles and shouts of grief?

Of course... we'd never know that. But... is it too much to hope for a better future? One where I can kiss you without the fear of judgment? One where I can hold onto you and have the others clap us instead of boos?

Was this our destiny all along?

You wailed in tears, you knew this day would come. It was a simple postponement. Simply destiny giving us more time, making it inevitably harder.

And, I wondered if, one last kiss hurt. If I could hold you once more before we become strangers beyond return.

But you had left.

And I was lost.