~I Would Be Sad If You Died...Kinda (Kam)~

IEat_HotMoms Kam request :>

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Tam's POV✩

Joining the Black Swan was the best and worst decision that I had ever made in my life.

Best, because Linh seemed happier with friends who cared about her, and whenever she got home from spending time with her girlfriend, that weird fire girl named Marella who she talked about a lot, she had a huge grin plastered onto her face that wouldn't come off for hours. (Then again, that might just be Linh being...well, Linh.)

Worst because he was also there.

Keefe Sencen might have been the biggest asshole I had ever met. Not that I had ever met many people, but something about the way he smiled and laughed told me that even if I had met every elf in the Lost Cities, Keefe would always be the worst.

I didn't complain to Linh about Keefe very often, because whenever I tried she would smirk and give me these sideways looks that made me feel self conscious for some odd reason. Dex was just as bad, because he would listen to me talk about Keefe for two minutes before bursting into laughter and leaving, which never ceased to confuse me. Sophie and Biana would just roll their eyes and exchange glances, and I didn't even bother with Marella. Fitz was Keefe's best friend, so I thought it was safe to assume he wouldn't want to talk about how annoying he was.

So I was stuck keeping my hateful thoughts to myself.  Which was even more boring than it sounded.

He would always find a way to turn whatever I said into an opportunity to flirt with me. He flirted with everyone, so I didn't think much of it. I refused to acknowledge the pangs of hurt when he went back to flirting with Sophie, or Fitz, or Dex. I absolutely refused.

I internally groaned as my Imparter rang with a message. I should've guessed it would be Keefe. But for some reason, my fingers moved against my will and the Imparter flashed Keefe's stupidly  handsome face onto the screen. He was grinning. As usual.

"Hello?" I answered an a bored voice. Keefe's ice blue eyes dimmed a little, in a way that kind of made me feel almost guilty. I shoved the guilt away as quick as it came, maintaining my blank expression.

"Hi," Keefe answered. His grin faded. "Um, I was wondering if you were busy? And maybe you'd want to come to Candleshade?"

I screamed at myself inside my head as a smile snuck its way onto my lips and an agreement escaped from them without my permission. And Keefe's grin returned.

To my dismay, of course.

"Uh, when should I come?" I asked.

"Whenever," Keefe said gratefully. "Just soon. I feel like the walls are closing in sometimes."

"Okay, I'll get ready right now. See you then," I told him, forcing a small smile and ending the call with a click.

***

Keefe waited patiently in front of the front door for me to come. Even from a distance, I noticed the way he stood up straighter when he saw me and waved frantically like a maniac. Then I cursed under my breath for managing to notice such small things.

"Hey, Tam!" he said cheerfully, pulling me in for a hug. I awkwardly stood there with my arms at my sides before throwing them onto Keefe's shoulders and waiting for him to pull away. He eventually did, and smiled.

"Thank you for coming," he said thankfully. He then looked away, his cheeks flushing to a color of light pink. "Seriously, thank you. I was worried I would be stuck here, with Ro and Cassius." Keefe wrinkled his nose at the sound of his father's name in disgust.

"I'm glad I could help," I replied. "Linh is out with Marella, and the others were a little busy." I left the part out that I wanted someone who wouldn't tease me for the crush they claimed I had in Keefe to hang out with. Unfortunately, Keefe was probably the one most likely to do that...on a normal day at least. Today, Keefe seemed a little less relaxed and confident, and his hair was a little less wayward than usual.

"Are you okay?" I blurted out. I mentally slapped myself as Keefe raised his eyebrows. He gave me a grin, not to be confused with a smirk, but just a small smile.

"As okay as someone living with here would be," he answered after staring at me thoughtfully for a few seconds.

"And is that good enough?"

Keefe laughed, but his chuckle didn't quite reach his eyes. "No. But someday this has to change, it's not like I'll be stuck here forever."

I gave him a serious look. "I bet Fitz and Biana would take you in," I suggested. Something about the image of Keefe sharing a house with Fitz and them laughing together over breakfast made my stomach churn, but that was something I chose to ignore.

Keefe burst out laughing at my suggestion, to my confusing relief. Relief from what? I wondered to myself. "No offense to Fitzy and Biana, but I would rather stab myself in the kidney than live with the Vackers. They're a little..."

Keefe sighed. "Let's just say they aren't very supportive of their children's taste in partners, if you know what I mean."

I tilted my head to the side. "What do you mean?"

Keefe blinked. "You didn't know?" I shook my head.

"Sophie and Biana started dating a few days ago, and Fitz has a crush on Dex," Keefe explained. My eyebrows shot up into my bangs.

"That soon?" I said. "I thought it would take Bi a while to melt Sophie's obliviousness away first."

Keefe laughed, and my heart jumped inside my chest. He shot me a devious grin. "I took care of that."

I gaped at him. "Keefe Sencen, you didn't-"

Keefe was now rolling around in laughter, slapping his knee over and over again. "I totally did! Take that, lesbians!"

I shook my head in mock disappointment. "I bet Sophie was pissed."

Keefe shrugged. "She had her girlfriend to calm her down. She was annoyed, though."

"I'm surprised you're not dead in a ditch somewhere. So...what about Dex and Fitz?"

Keefe grinned. "Don't worry, I'm planning a little something. It's extra special, for my two best friends. They're in for a treat."

"I'm sure Fitz will be forever grateful," I said sarcastically with an eye roll on the side.

"He'll live."

"Yeah, he will," I coughed, emphasizing the word he. Keefe snickered loudly.

"Whatever. It'll be so worth it if I die."

"I would be sad if you died," I said without thinking. Keefe smirked at the bright red blush coating my cheeks.

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me," he gushed. I turned away as I felt myself get more embarrassed.

"You're welcome," I said through gritted teeth. Keefe smirked again, inching closer to me.

"Thank you," he whispered in my ear before I pushed him away from my face.