Staying Up With You

3rd person's POV
Willow laid down on the living room floor,  letting her mind wander as the others were sound asleep around her.

She couldn't really sleep though, too many things were on her mind for her to drift off.

She let out a small sigh unconsciously, and she froze a little when she heard someone turn.

She looked over to see someone stirring in their sleep, but it was too dark for her to make out who it was.

She didn't have to wait long though to find out who it was since the person had sat up.

Willows eyes followed them and once her eyes adjusted to the dark, she realized who it was once she saw the blonde hair.

Hunter stirred and blinked his eyes a few times to try to shake the sleep off, and he rubbed his eyes soon after.

"Willow? Is that you?" He asked groggily.

She perked up at the sound of his voice and smiled, she nodded softly even though Hunter could barely see her.

"Yeah... Sorry, did I wake you?"

He sat up and stretched while shaking his head.

"No, no, I heard some noise but its alright, no need to apologize." He said with a reassuring smile, but it looked more tired than he would've liked.

Willow smiled back before scooting closer to him so they didn't have to talk so loud, she didn't want to wake the others, they needed rest.

"Why are you awake?" He asked and tilted his head.

"Can't sleep,"

He nodded slowly before looking at his hands and nervously twiddling with them, suddenly realizing that he was talking to Willow alone.

Willow noticed his sudden nervousness, so she put a hand atop of his so he'd stop.

He froze and slowly gazed up at her, to be met with a soft smile that made him flush red.

"Hey, it's okay, you don't have to be nervous around me, we're friends, aren't we?"

Friends...

To the average person that word coming out of their crush's mouth would be devastating.

But to Hunter, it made him smile, he was sure Willow hated him, but she considered them friends, it made him unbelievably full of joy.

"We're friends?" He whispered.

"I can't hate you, so yes."

Hunter broke out into a grin, Willow could  barely see it, but she found it adorable anyways.

"You know... Sleep is great but staying up with you is better." Hunter whispered softly.

Willow interlocked their hands and gave them a soft squeeze.

"I'm glad you think so."

Oneshot ended...