prologue

The phone at the office rang for about 3 minutes before one of the column assistants picked up the device and put it to their ear.

"All You Can Hear HQ, this is Amelia speaking. How may I help you?"

Seconds pass as Amelia listened on the phone and the words the poured on the other line seemed too bizarre to be true. If this was true, their magazine would have the first insight and it would be on the front page of tomorrow's edition for sure.

Amelia straightened up, "A-are you sure?" More seconds passed as she waited for the person on the other line. Her eyes widened, "Penelope Withers?!", she quickly composed her surprise, "I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you sooner, I-"

She was cut off by the other line speak and she quickly tried to find a pen and paper on her desk. Which was pretty easy to find since... that's all that was there.

Amelia jotted down every detail from the other line. As soon as the voice finished, she was ready to thank them for the information. This was huge business for All You Can Hear.

"Penelope, we don't even know how to thank you—"

"Just make sure it's on tomorrow's edition, no exceptions. His accountant will be in touch with you later today"

and with that, the other line hung. Amelia was stunned.

But she wasted no time.

She didn't even care that Penelope Withers, one of the most famous publicists in New York, had hung up on her. The information she had given to the magazine was big. So big that their website might crash tomorrow and their instagram reposts might break their records.

Sure, it wasn't anything about Taylor Swift or even the actors from the newest Marvel movie, but for a small magazine like them, this was an exclusive people would love to hear.

Amelia ran from her cubicle to her boss' office, knocking furiously.

"What?!" her boss called from the other side of the door.

"SOS, Penelope Withers!"

Amelia didn't have to wait 2 seconds before the door opened and her boss' smile greeted her on the other end. She could only lift her notepad full of notes.

"Tell the printing the department to halt tomorrows' print"

~......~~......~

Hours had passed and the entire floor was rushing to make sure the magazine (to be published tomorrow) had the latest gossip up to date. But what matters is that they got it done. It was ready. At 8am tomorrow, it'd be at every New York newsstand, and their blog too.

NEW HEADLINE: ALL YOU CAN HEAR INC. EXCLUSIVE!!

Liam Henderson, New York's youngest billionaire and most eligible bachelor, engaged! But who's the mystery woman?

Go to page 6 to find out.