Chapter 1

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1
𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔱 𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰
____________________

Sam was stupid enough to forget that he left Tommy in one of the prison cells that held the most dangerous prisoner of them all...and that was Dream.
________________

Tommy was sleeping, Dream didn't want to wake the teen up so he just tried to fall asleep too.

He was rethinking of the memories of his past, when he was a child that was always happy and cheerful and very rarely you would see him upset.

Even if no one could see it he was tearing up behind his broken mask.
He just wanted to be free again, that was all he wished for.. just being free again.

Dream's heart was racing as he remember the bad memories from his childhood.

(PS:Skip until the next warning if you are sensitive towards abuse, also part of this was inspired by an irl story, not necessarily all of it but some parts yeah. Watch game theorys first petscop video (wich is at the top)and you'll know what I based this from)

He remembered that he was born into an abusive home but when him and his siblings had been taken away to a foster home from they're parents he got separated from his siblings as thay each were adopted separately.

Dream was only four and a half at the time, and the more time that passed more children were adopted as he just watched them be happy, "when will I go home?" He seemed to always ask himself as the next child got adopted and the next and the next.

After two years of staying in that foster home Dream had finally been adopted by a middle aged nurse called Jeane Newmaker. (Did I just use the womans real name from the real story? Yes, yes I did)

The adoption wasn't a very smooth one like most would expect since according to Jeane she said that he exhibited severe psychological, behavior and mental problems like setting fires, destroying People's property, assaulting other children.

Tho it was unclear if the reports were true since other's claimed Dream to be a sweet and polite child tho he was a bit shy as he didn't talk much and was mostly alone and wouldn't be around other children.
But it seemed that the medication and counseling were ineffective at healing Dream and her new mother's relationship.

But Jeane just wanted to have a child that loved her and was perfect.

But she couldn't have it and since she couldn't she would do it by force.

She used to yell at Dream asking him questions like why he didn't love her but after a while this stopped but it wasnt better but worse as she was abusing dream from then on.

Even at all of that, Dream didn't seem to show any emotions towards her.
(This is a warning to skip till the next ⚠️)

Since Dream couldn't get attached to her new mother, Jeane decided to try out a little experimental new form of treatment, wich was aimed at adopting children connect with their new parents. Something known as "attachment therapy"

On a Tuesday morning, as part of Dream's two weeks of treatment, Dream was meant to simulate being born. As a mean of helping him reattach to his new mother.
As a part of this so called "rebirthing", two therapist wrapped Dream in a flannel blanket, covered him in pillows and they put pressure on Dream so he couldn't get out easily along with two other adults.
(Final warning to skip, hated this next part btw)

"So little baby... Are you ready to be born? If you stay in there, you're gonna die and your mother's going to die" said one of the two therapist in the room to Dream.
Dream was clearly confused on what he was supposed to do as a part of this "role-play".

Dream struggled to free himself for 7 minutes, Dream just cried out "I can't do it. I can't do it. I cant breathe!" Yet none of them answered.

For the next 10 minutes he just continued to cry for help, for oxygen.
Dream just began to shout that he was dying yet there was no response.

16 minutes in, Dream, confused and desperate to escape just asked"You want me to die for real!? Die right now in this instant!?".
But the therapist just replyed with "Go ahead and die right now. For real. For real"

After a while Dream just began to throw up and cough out blood onto himself.
The only response from the two therapist "Go ahead. Stay in there with the vomit"

40 minutes in, the therapist just says "He gets to be stuck in his own puke! It's his own life! Quitter. Quitter. Quitter. Quitter. Quitter. Quitter. Quit! Quit! Quit! Quit! Quit! He's a quitter!"

At that point Dream had gone silent yet still, the torture continued.

After 70 minutes. The five adult's (the two therapist, the two other adults and Jeane) in the room decide that he can come out. One of them just said "Let's talk to the twerp".
Upon seeing him lying on the ground "Oh! There he is sleeping in his vomit and blood". But obviously Dream wasn't sleeping, he had passed out due to the lack of oxygen.

Dream had to stay a few months in the hospital for recovery. A year later the two therapists would be found guilty of reckless child abuse, receiving a 16 year prison sentence. Everyone else in that room, (the two other adults and Jeane Newmaker) who watched it all happen only received minor slaps on the wrist.

(ITS OVER! MY MISERY IS GONE-)

Those were the memories Dream didn't want to remember ever again.
As those memories finished the same words were repeating over and over again in his head. 'Quitter'

Those memories kept haunting Dream for years and they still do, Dream even calls his cell "The Quitter Room".
He sometimes forgets that it's not acctually called that so he just wonders to himself why Tommy was in the Quitter Room since he never gave up, did he?

But even tho Dream doesn't want to remember it that way he will always refer to himself as "DayDream Newmaker" because he can't let go of the past.

He felt bad because he was a quitter, wich led him to think thing's that aren't true or things that weren't his fault yet he felt guilty for it.

He wondered if he died the server would be better. They would be happy, wouldn't they?

He felt tired, he felt weak.
He closed his eyes but.. It was his time to rest.

Dream says young people can be psychologically damaged "beyond rebirthing"

__________________
Haha, a new book:)
A

nd I have like 4 other stories to finish yet here we are hahah.

Why do I put myself in misery?