Short Story

The sun rose again today.

Oh how I wish it wouldn't. Today, on the 14th of July in the year 5670 of the Imperial Calendar, marks the 37th year of my drafting into the so called 'Unending War of Accursed Empire' and the 100th year of this war. This accursed war has been going on for an entire century now. I've seen many friends and enemies die on the field yet even through innumerable deaths I walk undying. How many times have I wished for death yet the blessing of life never once left me behind for even with a blade through my heart I clung to life. I've become numb to the deaths and the pain of this ceaseless struggle. My body has lasted through all the suffering.

"E N E M I E S  S P O T T E D ! ! !"

The loud yell of the soldier responsible for spotting the enemies ring through the field. Everyone ran to arm themselves with the weapons and armors given to them, including me. The originally pure white vest of the Imperial Field Medic is now blackish brown from all the blood I had been showered for years upon years of battle. Even after I washed them, the white color never lasted more than a day.

  "CHARGE!!!!"

  """AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"""

The soldiers scream as they charge towards the enemies uncaring of the dangers of their actions. While as a medic I hate to see their actions as I have to tend to their wounds later on, however as I have been showered by blood of dying soldiers on their deathbeds, they are constantly showered by the entrails of their comrades. I cannot blame them for their mind must have already been broken many times before. In most battlefield, while many other chase honor, we chase death, for death is the only escape to our suffering.

  """DEATH TO OUR EMPIRE'S ENEMIES!!!!!!!"""

  """FOR THE GLORY OF OUR EMPIRE!!!!!!"""

The new recruits screams of the empire.

  """AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"""

  """LET US DIE TODAY!!!!!!!"""

The veterans cackles of insanity and wishes for death.

The ignorant and the mad charges again today.
The cowardly and the brave. The leaders and the slave. All falls upon this earth. Left naught but blood and corpses. Tainted red is this earth I walk. Houses reduced to rubble. Corpses burnt to ashes. Steel to rusted scrap.

Oh how I wishes the empire burns today. Too many deaths have I bore witness to.

Once again, from the many, only few left behind once more and again I live to see the rupture of insanity once again.

*bzzt*
  "Soldiers of the First Frontline. This is a command from Central. The empire has deemed the area worthless and will no longer be sending support. Any remaining imperial soldiers will not be accepted back into the empire. We shall not entertain any complaints. This is the Emperor's Order."
  *bzzt*

The command resounded throughout the entire battlefield while the soldiers were enveloped in pure silence. Not long after, many of the veteran soldiers who still survived took out their combat knives while cackling incessantly as they cry and scream for the empire's demise. With those knives they began stabbing each other to death.
The surviving new recruits screams and falls to their knees from the ridiculous situation. Why were they thrown away? I do not know. Perhaps, it's to conserve supply or to remove any chances of revolts. Facing this absurdity, I feel nothing. It's as if I am a corpse. I suppose the long use of drugs and stims throughout my life in this hellish war has killed my soul.

"Oh well. If I cannot die in battle, perhaps it is better to die alongside my brothers" I said as i bring out my own combat knife and charges into the chaos of suicides and insanity. Not too long after, even then, while my arm is no longer attached to my shoulder, I stand alive.

   Oh how I curse this empire.

I then began walking. Even without an arm, my body survives again. I walk toward my target, the Empire's Central. As I walk, I check my belongings and saw that I still have the cartridge issued to me as field medic. The 'Last Stand'. I will bring the insanity of the abandoned to the ones who abandoned us. Hiding from the eyes of the Sentinels and The Imperial guards, I continue my long journey. During which, I saw the citizens killing themselves, crying among graves, taking drugs and even going insane themselves. Perhaps there was no need for me to bring my insanity for it already exists upon this condemned Empire.

Wearing rags as my clothes, after many moons, I arrived into centrals and what I saw further destroyed my mind for the situation within Central was far removed from the rest of the Empire. I saw men and women walking with luxurious clothings, many of which were laced with gold and jewels. Were these the people we were fighting for? For this?

I walked to the plaza in the middle of Central as many pointed and insulted me for I was wearing naught but bloody rags. Sentinels were called as the people said a vagrant entered the inner city.
Upon reaching the centre of the plaza, I was surrounded by onlookers and Sentinels. Emotionlessly I injected myself with the serum.
That was the last memory I had.
_______________________________________________________
.......It was recorded in history that the ancient Empire had never seen a much worse carnage than what happened on that fateful day. The casualty reached thousands. The man, dubbed 'The Last Abandoned' by historians, caused a massacre that brought even the most powerful person of the empire, the Emperor down to the ground as nothing more than a ragged mess of entrails and blood. Today, while all historians agreed that the empire would have been destroyed by itself sooner or later, it was this man that brought it to ruins.

The End.
||AN-I haven't written shit in ages, so dont mind it if it sounded odd.||