Bonus Chapter

Trigger Warning⚠️- Talks of death, murder and suicidal thoughts

Trigger Warning⚠️- Talks of death, murder and suicidal thoughts. (there is no specific portion of the chapter as this whole chapter revolves around this topic, so please read forward with caution)

2017 (America)

Xavier's POV

"Hey, dad come on please. It'll be fine. You're going to be fine." I pathetically stuttered out, as I tried to apply pressure on the two gunshots my father had suffered, the assailant was already dead on the ground a few feet away from us, I had practically unloaded my entire magazine into the guy.

This was a mistake, a stupid mistake that we had somehow not seen coming, we should have known that the the russians would double cross us, those bastards couldn't keep their fucking word.

He was dead, I knew it, everyone knew it. His chest had stopped moving, glazed eyes perpetually open. But I was still a kid, I didn't want my father gone, I needed him. Needed him to be there for me for my brothers...my brothers.

How the hell was I supposed to explain this to my brothers, how was I supposed to tell them that the strongest man we ever knew, the entire fucking backbone of our family was gone, his body now nothing more than skin and bones, the man with the biggest fucking heart was now just the house for a heart that didn't beat.

"Sir." a voice came from behind me, Cameron had spoken, "We need to leave. The cops would be coming." Cameron had been working with us for years, he had been around for as long as I can remember. At this moment I was reminded of how he used to talk to me when I was child. He used that same calm voice adults use when trying to stop a kid from crying after they scraped their knee.

I was 23 years old yet I still felt like a kid, like a lost kid who was put in a situation he couldn't handle so his brain just started to shut down on him. "I can't leave him here." I spoke, his body was getting cold. Cameron kneeled beside me "We won't leave him here. I will take him to our hospital, but you must return to your house, to your younger brothers, they need to know about this, and I believe it would be best if they hear this from you before anyone else."

Once the body was being taken away the initial sadness that had washed over me was now being replaced by the numbness, my body going into autopilot as someone helped me up and took me to our car, I sat in the backseat while one of our workers started driving towards our house, my eyes were downcast when they caught sight of my hand and my t shirt, both covered in blood.

I wasted no time in zipping up my black hoodie to stop any blood from showing. Once I entered the house it was silent. Until I saw Alex walking out of the kitchen with a glass of water in hand, I immediately put my hands inside my hoodie.

"Hey you guys are back. The others already went to bed and I'm done with my studies for the night so I'm also going to bed, you and dad can explain what happened today, tomorrow morning." Alex didn't wait for my response as he was climbing up the stairs to his room, and I being a fucking coward I was didnt stop him.