A Missing Case In A Small Town

Narrator's POV

"And to that, you need to add?"

"Hydrochloric acid," Y/n says turning to look at his dad as he remembers the answer, both of them walking through the car park of Hawkins Middle School as Y/n revised for his chemistry test which was in a couple of minutes. He always did well in his exams, especially his science ones, given the fact his dad was a science teacher so he always helped him out, but he still liked to revise before each exam.

"Great, you're all set for the exam," His dad tells him with a smile.

"Thanks for helping me out dad," He says.

"Morning Mr. Clarke!" Dustin shouts as he walks up to them, Lucas behind him, "Morning Y/n"

"Good morning Dustin, Lucas, how are you boys doing today?" He asks them.

"We're okay," Lucas tells him.

"Where's Mike?" Y/n asks them, knowing the three, though usually four boys, always arrived at school together.

"He should be here soon," Dustin told him, "What are you studying?" He asks.

"Chemistry, I have an exam first period, I should probably get going," He tells them with a smile, "See you later kids, be careful, and I'll meet you at your classroom after school dad"

"Good luck with the exam, champ," His dad says as he walks away.

"Bye Y/n!" The two boys add waving at him.

He takes out his headphones and puts them on as he starts listening to "Oh, Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbinson, walking to Hawkins High School and focusing on the lyrics. He looked back at the boys who were happily talking with his dad, and all he could think about was the 4th member of their party, Will Byers, who had gone missing yesterday. He knew him really well, after all, he was always helping Joyce by looking after him while she and Jonathan worked, he was like the little brother he never had. When he heard the news about Will's disappearance he was devastated, he couldn't imagine Will running away or getting himself in some kind of trouble, but he also couldn't imagine him getting kidnapped by anyone in Hawkins, sure you had your usual creeps like every other town, but none that would ever do such a thing. All he could do, for now, was help around with the investigation and stay alert for anything weird so he could hopefully be found soon.

"Jonathan!" Y/n shouts as he sees him walking to school in front of him, he pauses the song taking off his headphones and walks towards him.

"Y/n, hey," He says, looking more tired than usual.

"Have you heard anything?" He asked him, hoping for some good news.

"Nothing yet, I'm going to check and see if my dad has something to do with it though I doubt it, he never cared about us" Jonathan explains to him as they start walking towards the main doors.

"Well if you need anything at all, just let me and my dad know okay?"

"Okay, I'll make sure to let you know," He says.

Y/n smiles at him, he looks down and notices a paper in his hand.

"What's that?" He asks him.

"Oh, just a missing poster my mom and I made, I'm going to put it in the school news board so people can keep a lookout," He tells him handing him the poster.

He takes it looking down at it, 'Have you seen me?' is written in capital letters on the top of the page with two pictures of Will under it, the general information about him and the clothes he was wearing when he went missing.

"We'll find him, I'm sure of it, Will's smart, he'll be okay," He tells Jonathan handing the paper back to him, hoping that the words coming out of his mouth will come true.