𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾❛ it's senior year, of course i'm here

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 / 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾
❛ it's senior year, of course i'm here. ❜

BEVERLY HILLS was Riley Adams' home. It was all she really knew for the longest time. She lived in a bubble, and she was used to it. Sh liked it that way--she never did well with change. That's why her palms were clamy as she approached Beverly High.

After Riley and Jordan's break up, the girl practically disappeared off the grid. She barely came to school—at least what was left of it—and no one had heard from her all summer. Except for the rare appearance she made in Vegas. That's a story for another time, though.

Riley and Asher approached Beverly High School both excited and nervous. Asher was more than ready to see his friends and girlfriend, but Riley was less than. Her stomach was in a knot and she felt like she was going to be sick.

"Ready?" Asher asked his sister.

Riley let out a heavy sigh. "No?"

Asher chuckled lightly. "Well get ready, because I miss my life."

Riley lets out a heavy sigh before following behind Asher while he makes his debut appearance. He's welcomed with a shouting JJ Parker, who has a bright smile on his face, making her chuckle lightly. Then, Olivia races over to him and wraps her arms and legs around her boyfriend.

Riley smiled at the sight, simply because she was happy they had lasted. She knew her brother really loved Olivia. Besides, one of them deserved to be happy.

The girl sucked in a large breath before stepping forward. She didn't want to steal Asher's thunder, but it was inevitable. She disappeared completely and a lot had changed. Especially now more than ever.

JJ stops in his tracks when he sees his best friend. "Riley?"

Riley waved, awkwardly. She didn't know how things would be now that she was back, all she knew was that she didn't want to lose anyone anymore than she already had. "Hey."

JJ smiled brightly as he raced forward, engulfing the girl in a hug and picking her up. Riley let out a squeal as he did, then he set her back down. "I can't believe your here."

"It's senior year, of course I'm here."

"Well, after what happened last year, you kinda disappeared." Riley nodded. "I thought you were dead until you showed up in Vegas."

Riley tuggs her lips into a thin line and rubs her head, awkwardly. "Right. Sorry about that, I kinda just needed--"

"To get away from him?" JJ finishes for her.

She nods. "Yeah."

JJ nods and silence falls between them. That's when she knew it. she messed it all up. Everything between them was done for. Their relationship was done for. She ruined the best thing she had right now.