𝘉𝘙𝘜𝘊𝘌 𝘠𝘈𝘔𝘈𝘋𝘈 !

Finney watched tiredly as he noticed how the phone on the wall shifted, moving as if it was breathing. While Wendy slumped against the wall beside him, playing with his jeans to busy herself. her eyes closed shut, not sleeping for almost a whole day was getting to her.

'its just hallucinations', finney thought. he hadn't been able to sleep since the pair had gotten there, he was too on edge. Finney began to glare at the phone, watching as if it seemed to move even more.

"Stop that." Finney said hoping

"Stop what?"

Finney and Wendy jumped at the voice, immediately moving so they were beside each other. Wendy let out a shaky breath at the sight of the grabber, sitting peacefully against the wall.

"We're hungry, we need food" Finney said, the grabber dismissed what he said, changing the subject. "How are your eyes?"

"They hurt" Wendy said coldly. The grabber stayed quiet at her words, looking away while sighing before standing up. "Well, I can't bring you anything to eat" he continued, "You'll have to wait."

"Is there someone upstairs who will see you bring us food?" Wendy cocked an eyebrow, hoping she was right. "Don't you worry about that." The grabber stated.

"If you weren't gonna feed us then why'd you even come down here?" Finney asked.

"Just to look at you... I just wanted to look at you," the Grabber responded.

Finney stared at the man in disgust, not knowing what to say, glancing over to see what Wendy was doing. Noticing the look of utter shock on her face because of the Grabbers words.

Wendy put her head down as she tried processing his words, realizing how sick this man was.

"I'll go" the grabber mumbled as he closed the door, leaving the two children terrified by his actions.

Finney gasped as he heard the door lock, not realizing that he was holding his breath the entire time. "he's- he's a monster" Finney heard her say to herself.

Finney stayed quiet at her words, not knowing what to say.

The pair froze as the phone suddenly started ringing, scaring them.

Finney glanced at the brunette girl before walking over to the phone, putting it up to his ear.

"Hello?" Finney asked.

"Is somebody there? I need help" Wendy walked over to Finney, standing beside him so she could hear the phone. Only being able to hear static.

"Hello?" Finney asked again, an eerie silence filling the room as the pair waited for a response.

"Finney.." the pair jumped at the voice, Finney gasped in fear as he backed up in a corner. While Wendy covered her face in fear and backed up into the nearest corner of the room.

They stayed quiet, not really knowing what to say before the phone ringing again interrupted the eerie silence.

Finney quickly got back up on his feet, walking towards the phone so he could stop the ringing. Wendy hid behind her hands as she walked to the phone as well, still scared by whoever was talking on the other line.

The phone rang again.

Finney slowly picked up the phone, holding it up against his ear.

"Don't hang up." A voice came from the other side. "I won't." Finney responded, noticing Wendy's confused look since she couldn't hear what was happening.

"Who is this?" Finney asked.

"...I don't remember my name" they answered.

"Why not?"

"It's the first thing you lose." the person stated. "First thing you lose when?" Finney asked, not really understanding what they meant.

"You know when."

Finney stayed quiet at their words before speaking up again, "how do you know my name?"

"We met once." They stated, "Your arm is mint. You almost had me."

Finneys eyes widened at their words, making Wendy more anxious than she already was considering she had no clue who he was talking to or why they were getting calls.

"Bruce? Bruce Yamada?" Finney asked, turning his body around to see Wendy, noticing the confused look she was giving him.

"Y-yeah, Bruce. I'm Bruce" they said, but it sounded more like they were trying to convince themselves that's who they were.

"Your arm is mint. You almost had me." Bruce repeated.

"Did the phone ring for you?" Finney asked, "It rang, but none of us heard it. Just you. The grabber hears the phone, too, but he doesn't wanna believe it." Bruce answered.

"Why are you calling me?" Finney asked.

"Your arm is mint. You almost had me." Bruce said again. "I'm glad it's you,"

Finney stayed quiet at his words, not knowing what to make of it. "Finney?" Bruce called out.

"Yeah"

"There's a dirt section of the floor in the hallway, where the tile is loose." Bruce continued, "Dig down the foundation, I tried, but there wasn't enough time for me to dig up and out the other side."

"Will I have enough time?" Finney asked, only to be responded by the phone static, then the phone clicking. "Hello? Bruce? Bruce?" Finney called out, sighing when no one responded. Putting the phone back up.

"That was Bruce? Bruce Yamada?" Wendy asked, her being confused was an understatement. "Yeah" Finney responded.

"That- that doesn't make sense." Wendy let out a nervous laugh, "what did Bruce say then?" She asked.

"He said that there's a dirt section of the floor in the hallway where the tile is loose? And that we need to dig down the foundation." Finney said.

"Well..." Wendy began, "let's get to work." She smiled, Finneys gazed drop from her eyes to her smile, a light red tint covering his cheeks. Even in a situation like this, her smile managed to make his stomach do flips.

'i'll call it the Wendy phenomenon'

Finney smiled to himself before walking to the hallway to figure out what Bruce was talking about, Wendy following behind him.

ᵗʰⁱˢ ᶠⁱᶜ ᵇᵉˡᵒⁿᵍˢ ᵗᵒ @ᵐʸᵒⁱʳᵛ ! ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ˢᵗᵉᵃˡ