Echoes of Thunder

[Aaravose] "Long ago, Xadia was one land... rich in magic and wonder. In the old times, there were only the six Primal Sources of magic... The Sun. The Moon. The stars. The earth. The sky. And the Ocean. But a thousand years ago, a human mage discovered new magic... the seventh source. Dark Magic. It used the essence within magical creatures themselves. To unleash dark power. Horrified by what they saw, the elves and the dragons put a stop to the madness. They drove every last human to the west. And so, the continent was divided in two. In the east. the magical lands of Xadia. And in the west, the human kingdoms. For centuries, the King of the Dragons himself defended the border. The humans called him Thunder, for when he spoke, his voice shook the Earth and the Sky. But, on the eve of last winter's turn, the humans used unspeakable Dark Magic to slay Thunder. Then, without mercy, they destroyed his only egg, his heir... the Dragon Prince. Now the world stands on the edge of all-out war."

(Katolis)

As Ezran is asleep in his room and Callum is at his desk drawing, he says "Ah! Take that Marshmellow monster." as thunder crashes getting a yelp out him and a squeal out of Ezran who says "Callum!" "It's okay Ezran. It's just a thunderstorm. Nothing to be afraid of. Go back to sleep." Callum says as Ezran lays down while saying "I wasn't scared. Bait was scared." as Bait growls.

(With a guard)

As one of the scouts is walking through the forest, he hears branches rustling, turns around, and says "Who's there? Declare yourself in the name of king Harrow!" as the thunder crashes, he sees a group of Moonshadow elves, shoots an arrow, and misses as he then backs up into a tree and then takes off running as Rayla heads after him. After running a little bit, he turns around with his crossbow loaded, as he doesn't see Rayla as she then comes from above and kicks him causing him to fall off a small cliff as Rayla then comes jumping down. He then pulls out his crossbow as she then knocks it away as he then pulls out his sword as the same thing happens to it as Rayla puts her blades to his throat as he says "Please. Who are you?" as Ralya looks at him and sees the fear in his eyes as she freezes up, giving the scout a chance to escape.

(Hours later)

AS Viren is in his room looking at a mirror, he hears knocking on his door as the same scout says "High Mage! Please, It's urgent!" as Viren then covers the mirror, walks over to the door, and opens it as the scout then says "Lord Viren! I've seen something."

(Minutes later)

Once Viren arrives in front of King Harrow's bedroom door, a guard says "Lord Viren, uh... King Harrow hasn't risen yet." as Viren walks through the door and over to windows as he pulls back the curtains as Pip whistles "Viren, didn't I tell you if you ever woke me up this early again... I'd have you executed?" Harrow says as he sits up "I'll give you a moment." Viren says as he walks off.

(Minutes later)

As Harrow walks up beside Viren, he asks "So, what's so important that you come into my bedroom risking your life like this?" "Assassins." Viren says "I see." Harrow says "A scout on patrol discovered them just before dawn." Viren say "Well don't look so grim. We've fought off plenty of assassins. Haven't we, Pip?" Harrow asks as he pets the bird "It's different this time. We believe they're Moonshadow elves." Viren says "Moonshadow elves? Then how did the scout escape?" Harrow asks "I don't know. It was muddy, wet, dark... Somehow we got very lucky." Viren says "The crown guard won't be enough to hold them off. Send for General Amaya annd the Standing Battalion." Harrow says "The breach is too far. They'll never make it back in time." Viren says "What's tonight's moon?" Harrow asks "Full." Viren says as Harrow chuckles and says 
Of course it is..." "With the Moonshadow elves at the height of their power, no defense will stand against them." Viren says "Then we won't defend. We will attack. We must find them today in the light of the sun, and stop them before it's too late." Harrow says.