Chapter 13

"Everything seems to be alright with the baby. Do you want to know the child's sex, ma'am? It's quick check." The doctor says with a small smile seeing happiness on her patient's face.

"No, thank you. I really want to but maybe waiting until birth to find out is a way to keep it a surprise since everybody knows about pregnancy." Scylla sits up and dresses back into her clothes to continue the conversation with the doctor.

"So the plan for your birth session is here." The woman hands Scylla a piece of paper. "I set the possible date so you won't plan anything else that time. For now, it's everything from me. You can go home, get more rest and oh, I prefer avoiding having sex for a while. It's just 5 months to go from now."

The brunette gets up and grabs her bag. "Thank you, Miss. I'll take care of myself the best I can. I'll see you next time. Have a nice day." Scylla leaves the room and Raelle gets up from the chair.

"How did it go? Is the baby okay? Did you reveal the sex?" So many questions started to come out of the blonde's mouth and Scylla stops Raelle in front of her car. She cups both of her girlfriend's cheeks and pecks her lips softly.

"Everything's fine, baby. Nothing can go wrong with my pregnancy when I have you here protecting us so well." The brunette smiles softly praising Raelle with a compliment.

"Okay, I believe you now. Where do you want to eat tonight? A month ago I met an amazing brunette woman with ocean blue eyes and I kind of want to celebrate our first month together. I can take you anywhere." Raelle says with a huge grin written across her lips as she's holding onto Scylla's waist.

"Aw, baby... you're so sweet, thank you. I'll let you choose where we eat tonight. Can you drop me off at my apartment so I can dress properly for you? My belly's flat still so I can wear something nice for you for the first and last time probably."

The brunette sighs and looks at their reflection in the car's window. Raelle turns in the direction where Scylla's looking and smiles as well. "We look so happy..." Collar mumbles and kisses the top of her girlfriend's head.

"We do." Scylla agrees and pecks Raelle's lips one more time before they both get inside the car. "Could you wear that black suit you wore on our first date? It was the hottest thing I've ever seen on human."

Scylla smiles looking at Raelle who settles down behind the steering wheel. "Of course, ma'am. Your will is my fate." The blonde chuckles playfully and intertwines their hands.

Ramshorn blushes lightly at the girl's words and leans into her palm. "Oh, sure Miss Goddess... let me be your queen tonight." Scylla chuckles and kisses her girlfriend's cheek before Raelle drives off the pregnancy clinic.

*

"Okay, I'll see you past 7 pm. Remember about my outfit request. Clean up your bedroom as well." Scylla gets out of the car and looks inside to say goodbye to Raelle.

"Oh, I thought the doctor told you not to have sex. I mean... at least until you give birth." The blonde says a little worried and looks down at her partner.

"I'm going to be okay, don't worry. And the bed's not only for sex." Scylla leans in inside of the car and kisses Raelle's lips softly. "I'll see you soon."

Collar smiles watching her girlfriend walk away and disappear inside the building. She sighs with a smile and drives off heading towards her apartment. "So cute."

Scylla walks up the stairs humming her favorite melody. She opens the door to her apartment and steps inside twirling in the middle of the hallway.

It's been such a long time since she felt this happy for longer than a day. Although, the investigation isn't going too well and Libba's probably dead by now, Scylla's life turned a whole 180° and she's truly satisfied with how it's going.

"Staying alive, staying alive..." Scylla's singing under her nose opening the closet and going through some of her older clothes. "Ha- ha- ha- ha staying alive."

The brunette picks out a grey checkered suit and a white button down shirt. She puts it on probably for the last time in a while and check herself out in the mirror.

"Hm, accessories?" Scylla hums and opens a drawer full of jewelry. "Golden... watch, necklace, piercings." Ramshorn goes back to her melody as she puts on the rest of her outfit.

*

"Oh my days, never been looking better, Collar." Raelle winks at herself looking at her body in the mirror. "Great job... you're going to be her hero now. Give her the best you can this night and she's all yours for the after party."

Raelle grabs her suit and puts it on. Sliding on into her black slacks adjusting herself to the side in boxers for the sake of being comfortable around her girlfriend. "There you go little man."

Throwing on the black blazer over shoulders and buttoning up, Raelle stands in front of the mirror again. "So hot." The blonde keeps praising herself with compliments.

She turns on her heel and sets up fresh sheets and pillows just in case things could get heated between her and Scylla.

After they took a break from visiting the bedroom together, weeks passed by and now it's more like a desire forming inside Raelle to bring her girlfriend to the bedroom tonight.

Raelle grabs her phone and types in her favorite's restaurant's number. She presses the green button and makes a reservation for the best table tonight.

Raelle: Are you ready, baby? I'll be at yours in 20 minutes. I hope you will like the place I'm taking you to.

Scylla: As long as I'm with you, I will be happy. But I'd use a great meal, I'm starving.

Raelle: Perfect. I swear if you say the food isn't tasty I'm going to make you say sorry to the chief.

Scylla: Easy there. Leave that flirt for later, I'd really enjoy a nice visit in your bedroom.

Raelle: Okay, I'm saving my best moves for later. Be there soon. :*

The blonde gets down to her vehicle and starts the engine before driving off from under her building. "Okay, my sweet little car. No more accidents alright? I've got a very sexy woman 5 miles away from here. I need to get there on time, okay?"

Raelle talks to her new car that she bought after the accident she had a month ago. She turns the corner and stops at the red light tuning up the radio. "What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more..."

Collar sings softly as the light switches to green and Raelle steps on gas. Driving through the city humming to the songs appearing in the radio, time passes by as if it didn't truly exist.

After about 15 minutes Raelle pulls up in front of Scylla's building and reaches to the back seat to grab the flowers she bought. She's finally ready to confess her feelings to the brunette and everything just feels so right at the moment.

There's nothing between the two that Raelle would want to be different. Their relationship is escalating slowly but progresses in the right direction. The blonde feels full of love for Scylla and she feels loved by the woman as well.

Nothing could pull them apart right now and Raelle's wishing them the best in the future. Maybe she's taking a huge step after only a month of relationship but there's more to come soon.

Unfortunately, the only person Raelle could ask for blessing died and she knows that she will propose sooner or later. Whether it will be before the baby's born or not.

All she needs in her life is to see Scylla's happy face and her beautiful smile. The sparkle in her ocean blue eyes as they look at each other with passion. Hugs and small kisses they share everyday, that's what she truly craves for. Everything's easier when your soulmate's right next to you.

Raelle gets out of her car and walks around it to wait for Scylla next to the passenger door. She leans against the mask holding up the flowers in her right hand with the other one hid inside her pocket.

The door to the building open as the brunette comes to the sight. The air in Raelle's lungs suddenly gets pushed out. Her heart starts pumping faster fluttering like crazy.

She flashes her eyelashes a few times trying to make out if it's a dream or reality. The blonde straightens up and corrects her blazer quickly before Scylla could look up at her.

"Detective Ramshorn, it's a pleasure to see you this beautiful evening in this stunning suit which gives me shivers only from first impression." Raelle starts putting up a crooked grin.

"Ah, good evening, detective Collar. I'm honored to be invited to a dinner with such an incredible woman you are. I see you can listen to order sometimes..." Scylla says as she steps closer to her partner and looks down at Raelle's outfit.

The brunette corrects Collar's jacket and sighs with a delightful smile. "Are these for me? How'd you know I love periwinkles? Aw, these are so beautiful Raelle... Do you think we can set them in a vase at your apartment after the dinner? I don't want them to waste."

Scylla looks into Raelle's eyes making a puppy face and letting out a small whine. "Of course, baby. You know I love flowers and they will suit my new sheet set as well."

"Oh, you little- I knew something was up with the blue." Scylla chuckles and throws her arms around the blonde's neck. "We're not going to be late if I ask for a make out session, now?"

Raelle's eyebrow quirks and she gives the place a quick look around. "I don't think so, beautiful. Can I just put them back in my car so I don't ruin them?"

"Sure, sweetie. You know, I'd make you suffer if you did ruin them." Scylla smiles softly with a hint of mischief in her eyes. "Now, get back here."

The brunette grasps the sides of Raelle's jacket bringing her in closer and connecting their lips. Making the motion so passionate and soft that the blonde melts again her partner's lips.

Everything around them just disappears, their eyes closed, mouths put up against one another's. Raelle brings her hands up to her girlfriend's face and cups Scylla's cheeks gently.

"Scyl, I have to tell you something important..." The blonde mumbles against Scylla's lips humming softly with a smile. "It's very important."

"I love you." Ramshorn pulls away from the kiss leaving their lips only inches apart. Scylla looks up into her girlfriend's eyes giving the girl the softest smile ever made.

Raelle can't resist the urge to kiss the woman she has feelings for and presses her lips against Scylla's again. "I love you too." She finally lets it out as a relieved sigh follows her words.

The blonde turns them around putting up her partner against the car. "How'd you know I wanted to tell you how I feel?" Raelle pulls away from the brunette to look at her face.

"Let's say I've been wanting to do that for a while too. I love you Raelle and I don't know how to name it differently." Scylla admits and moves away some hair that fell from her partner's face.

Raelle kisses her girlfriend softly gently pressing her knee up against Scylla's core. "I know." She mumbles and bites the brunette's bottom lip. Raelle pulls at it playfully letting it go with a small pop.

Scylla tries to deepen the kiss twisting her head to the side and pulling Raelle closer by her waist. Their lips gliding together smoothly. Tongues just getting started as their mouths open against one another's.

The brunette gasps softly when Raelle moves hair away from her neck and starts placing soft kisses around her skin. "Um- baby, don't forget we're on the street." Scylla chuckles softly and pulls away from the kiss.

An older man walks past them letting out a scoff. "Perverts." Scylla and Raelle eye the man's back as he's walking away and eventually disappearing around the corner.

Ramshorn looks over at her partner and laughs lightly in happiness. "What a sweet guy." Scylla rests her head against Raelle's and strokes the girl's cheek.

"Doesn't matter because we're in love. We're in this together and no one can make us turn off feelings like that." Raelle pecks Scylla's lips and opens the door for her.

"Let's go before we truly get late for our dinner." She says with a soft smile and walks around the vehicle to get behind the wheel.