SHORT STORY

Killer, murderer she found the cops starring in the glance of her left eye. "I didn't kill him." Rosa stated. "Then who did?!" The cop shouted as he slammed his hands on the desk."Mrs. Len, I'm sorry we are going to have to arrest you." "Wait, don't arrest her!, she didn't do it!" A boy yelled. I didn't know him but I was blushing.Who was he? "Can I leave now officers?  I have kids to take care of." I said hoarsely. "Yes, ma'am I'm sorry about the inconvenience." The cop stated. "Who are you?" I whispered in his ear as I left.
I ran into him in town the next day, "what's your name? I asked. "You know my name Rosa when can I see her?" He questioned. "Who do you want to see?" I thought I knew him, he seemed familiar but, it also seemed as if it was years since I've seen him, and if he is the person I'm thinking of then I would be right. "Andrew, is that you?" I asked "Yes, I knew you'd remember me!" He said happily.  "I don't really want you to meet her just yet but she asks about you alot." I said "Oh, okay well I'll  see you around town hopefully." Asher spoke, then smiled and walked off. I knew something was wrong but what was it? Could Asher be in town for the wrong reason? I needed to know why and I was going to figure out why he was here. It obviously wasn't good. And I was right it wasn't a good thing it was a horrible thing. Later the following week of July 28, 2022. He called me and the phone call began like this, "Rosa, i have something horrible to tell you Asher whimpered "Yes, what is it?" Rosa asked. "I'm dying and the last thing I want to do is see Lilly please. Asher said as whined out of pain. "Yes, we are on our way now asher!" Rosa said out of sadness. But, it was too late. He was already dead and he died not being able to see his daughter for seven years.

Months passed by.

"Yes, I would like to see his will please." Rosa stated. Little did Rosa know Asher had become a billionaire in those seven years and he left Rosa 6 billion dollars in cash and left Rosa's boyfriend three million for caring for his daughter while he was away. He left Lilly 7 billion dollars. Rosa knew then why he went ahead with the murder neither did it. <3