𝘉𝘐𝘓𝘓𝘠 𝘚𝘏𝘖𝘞𝘈𝘓𝘛𝘌𝘙 !

Finney inspected the floors, tugging on the loose tile. The pair quickly got to work, digging at the dirt. They spent hours digging, eventually finishing after they dug up a huge hole, using the toilet to get rid of all of the dirt so the grabber couldn't see what they had done.

"Finney" Wendy called out for the brunette, glancing at the tarp they could use to cover the hole. Finney nodded at the girl, helping her carry the tarp so they could cover the hole.

Wendy grimaced as she felt pain in her arms, all that digging had made her sore. She laid herself on the bed, trying her best to get comfortable with but the old bed felt as if she was laying on cardboard.

Finney walked over to the Wendy, laying beside her as well. "Do you think that-... we'll be okay." Wendy suddenly spoke up, facing Finney. "Of course," Finney said, although it sounded as if he was trying to convince himself they would be okay.

"In the news.. i'd see things like, like Ted Bundy- but I didn't think it would happen here. especially to kids" Wendy frowned, saddened by the fact that she didn't believe in stranger danger till now. and how she had to learn the hardway.

"it's gonna be alright, Wendy" Finney comforted the girl, smiling, reaching for her hand, linking them together.

Wendy smiled at the sight of finney, she missed the fond smile he would give her. "Well-... when we get out of here, let's have some fucking burgers" Finney laughed at her words, his eyes gleaming with fondness, it was amazing how easily Wendy could change his mood.

"I am starving," Finney smiled sheepishly. The pair stayed quiet after that, a comfortable silence filled the room. Enjoying each others presence.

Wendy tensed up as she heard the door being unlocked, Finney was frightened as well. Jumping up to back away from the door as far as he could, pulling Wendy with him.

Wendy gaped at the grabber, focusing on the tray in his hands. "I made you some breakfast," the grabber said. Wendy eyed the food in the plate, not trusting him at all.

"What'd you put in that?" Wendy narrowed her eyes, raising her brow in suspicion."Salt and pepper" The grabber giggled, wendy stared at him in shock, not understanding what was so funny.

"Ohh- eat it? don't eat it?" The grabber began, leaning over to place the tray on the floor. "You're already down here.." the grabber said lowly, "what do I need to drug you for?"

The grabber left after that, leaving wendy frightened by his words. While Finney wasn't paying attention to the grabbers words, he was more focused on the unlocked door.

Wendy watched as Finney slowly opened the door to peak out, before he was interuppted by the sound of the phone ringing. They both gasped at the unexpected sound, staying quiet for a moment before walking towards the phone.

This time Wendy has picked up.

"Hello?" Wendy called out.

"Don't go upstairs," Wendy heard a male voice say quickly from the other line.

"Why- why not?" She asked, furrowing her brows together.

"It's a trap" the boy stated

Wendy stayed quiet at his words, trying her best to name the voice, but she wasn't able to.

"Are you-... are you Bruce?" Wendy asked.

"Who's Bruce?" the boy asked.

"We were just talking to Bruce" Wendy explained.

"I don't know any Bruce" Wendy heard from the other line.

"He's a baseball player," She stated.

"We don't.. play baseball here," Wendy's face fell at the boys words, realizing what he meant.

Finney noticed the girls sorrowful look, silently offering to talk to the person instead. Wendy hesitated to accept his offer before caving in, noticing the worried look on his face.

"Who are you?" Finney asked.

"I don't remember"

"Did you play soccer? Football?" Finney asked, trying to help the boy to remember.

"I delivered newspapers." They stated.

"Billy- you're Billy Showalter" Wendy's ears perked up at the name, immediately standing next to Finney as close as she could to hear whatever was happening.

"Maybe"

"No- you're billy.' Finney breathlessly said.

"Do.. Not..Go..Upstairs" Billy demanded.

"What is he doing?" Wendy nervously played with her shirts fabric, listening in on the two boys conversation.

"He's waiting...on the other side with that fucking belt," Billy cursed. "He didn't say you could leave, so if you try...he'll punish you. He'll beat you with that belt till you pass out"

"It hurts kid... It hurts really bad" Finney frowned at his words, taking in everything Billy was saying.

"You'll cry," Billy continued," You'll beg him to stop. We all did, but he just keeps beating you.

Finney stayed quiet at his words not knowing what to say, before he heard the line end. "Hello?" Finney called out, "hello?"

He turned around, hanging up the phone before making his way to the door. "What are you doing?" Wendy whispered, staring at Finney as if he was crazy.

Finney turned around to look at the girl, holding a finger to his mouth so she'd stay quiet, earning an annoyed look from Wendy. Finney slowly opened the door, hesitating to walk up the stairs.

Finney stared at the stairs, not knowing what to do, he sighed as he looked back at Wendy. watching as she silently mouthed a 'dont'.

Finney contemplated for a second before realizing it was best to stay, closing the door.

"Are you gonna eat it?" Wendy asked, her attention now on the dry looking eggs on the floor. "I'm starving," Finney mumbled, quickly getting on his knees so he could eat.

Wendy watched as he separated the eggs into two servings, a smile crossing her face.  Even though he was still starving, he managed to think of her wellbeing.

"You can eat it all," Wendy softly said, sitting down on the uncomfortable mattress. "It's fine," Finney awkwardly said, his mouth a bit full of eggs.

Wendy laughed at the sight, leaving finney confused.

ᵗʰⁱˢ ᶠⁱᶜ ᵇᵉˡᵒⁿᵍˢ ᵗᵒ @ᵐʸᵒⁱʳᵛ ! ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ˢᵗᵉᵃˡ