26: Elude

(Chapter - 26)

"Have a good rest in your room; you have given your mind a lot of strain." Jake held Yera from behind by her shoulders, guiding her back into the enormous mansion. Yera, all of a sudden, realized that she was sharing the room with the person she wanted to get away from at the moment. He was no one other than Lee Heeseung.

"Jake," Yera held his hand by his sleeve, causing the latter's heart to flutter.

"W-What happened, Yera?" Jake turned back towards the girl, who had a tense expression on her face. Jake gazed into her eyes, melting her into a comfort zone right away. His laid-back self made her at ease too.

"I don't want to go back to that room." Yera blinked her tears away as she spoke in a frail voice.

Jake got the grip of her hesitance right away and just sighed. "He won't come back home tonight. So, don't worry. You can sleep in peace. You might be avoiding him at this moment, but trust me, he will give you space to sort out your feelings tonight, for sure." A smile was etched on the face of the Aussie man.

"Mm, okay." Yera reluctantly agreed with him and proceeded to leave the hall. Jake smiled at her as she walked away. "But what if he comes back?" Yera turned back towards him, asking from a distance.

Jake laughed at her scared self, causing the girl to fume in anger.

"This ain't funny!" Yera whined.

"He won't come back! How many times do I have to tell you?" Jake was serious this time. The guy may have had some patience, but not that much. It was an exhausting day for him as well.

"Well, go before a killer clown chases you with a knife in this mansion tonight." Jake chuckled as he noticed her speeding back towards the room in her flip flops, her hair flying.

"Stupid." Jake laughed.

In the midst of the night...

'I don't like you, Yera!'

'B-but-'

Her hopes teared down as soon as Heeseung stomped on the roses that she gave to him and walked away, leaving her alone, bringing an uneasy pain in her chest. Tears were brimming in her eyes. She wanted to say something out, but she suddenly felt like throwing up.

'P-petals?'

'I-I got hanahaki?'

"NO!"

Yera sat up straight on the bed while screaming, trying to calm down her breath. "It's just a dream, gosh!" Yera held her hair in her fists, trying to get that matter out of her head. She wouldn't be lying if she said that she would not be able to sleep tonight.

"What happened?"

Here she was standing at Jake's doorway, begging him to let her stay in his room for the night. Jake was hesitant to let her sleep in the same room as him, but after watching her pleading over and over, his heart grew weaker for her. After taking a long sigh, he replied

"Okay, sleep on the bed. I am going to grab the couch."

"It's okay, I can sleep on the couch. I don't want to disturb you." Yera insisted.

Ignoring all her words, Jake quietly threw his pillow on the couch, dragging his quilt along with him. He just silently glared at her as he was too sleepy to argue about anything. The guy threw himself on the couch, pulling the quilt and turning towards the side.

Yera, who was dumbfounded by the instance, got back to her senses and went to sleep on the bed, satisfied that nothing was going to trouble her any further. She yearned for a good sleep after spending her time in the hospital. She felt herself drowning in her wonderland, and soon, low snores left her mouth, which was ajar.

Yera cuddled with her pillow as sunlight seeped through the off-white curtains. The pillow was somehow soft...and had silky hair?! What?!

"Rise and shine, baby!"

A familiar voice woke her up as she squinted her eyes, trying to open them.

Yera gawked at the pillow she was hugging peacefully moments ago. She immediately distanced herself from the person, causing her to fall off the bed in the process.

There he was, Lee Heeseung. The ethereal man was lying on the bed staring intensely at her, a smirk plastered on his face. The sunlight that fell on his face made him look like a god. The bathrobe he was wearing made her cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

A high-pitched scream resonated in the mansion, causing Jake, who was sleeping peacefully, to fall off his couch.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️