The Guardians

Gabriel had always followed a human named Yoo Joonghyuk since he was born into this world. As he grew up and became a fine man, Gabriel stayed beside him as a silent guardian, watching over him days and nights.

However, there was something that Gabriel could hardly help him with, which was his bad mental state. Yoo Joonghyuk somehow developed a suicidal tendency with mild depression, and today, he decided it should be the end of his life.

Yoo Joonghyuk was standing on the top of the tallest building in the city. The sky was cloudless as sunlight tenderly caressed his skin, but still, his eyes were lifeless and dark as if they carried all the misfortunes of this mortal world.

He didn't know how he had come to this choice, but he just felt like his life was next to nothing. Reality was harsh to him, and even when he had overcome most of the difficulties he had faced, suddenly he became exhausted, longing to be released from the chains of living.

From above, Gabriel observed her human, still couldn't hide her sadness. No matter how she tried to light up his will to live, she couldn't interfere with his own decision. Thus, she was ready to carry out the last task as guardian: bringing his soul back to Eden - where he righteously belonged.

Unfortunately, Gabriel had forgotten a minor problem.

"Heyyyyy, Gabriel. Long time no see."

A guy seemingly popped out of thin air, stood next to her and grinned brightly.

This guy is that minor problem: The notorious Demon King of Salvation, or Kim Dokja - his preferable name. Despite being rumoured as the cruelest among the 73 Demon Lords, he seemed incredibly harmless, and strangely joyful.

"Today is so nice, isn't i— Wait, what the heck is that sunfish bastard doing again? Lord Satan, I was only absent for 3 months and things have escalated that quick?" Kim Dokja exclaimed, ignoring the discontented face Gabriel made.

Let's take a look back at the past, from the very beginning when Yoo Joonghyuk came to this world.

August 3rd, 1991.

On that fateful day, God bestowed a precious soul, who possessed incredible talents and an unrivalled beauty upon this mortal world. Since God had put tremendous effort into creating that sole human, he assigned Gabriel with an honorable mission: protecting him from all mishaps and taking him back to Paradise after his demise.

Gabriel listened carefully to every word God had told her, then left for the mortal realm. The first time she saw her baby human - Yoo Joonghyuk, she immediately fell in love with him. Thus, as a benevolent angel, she blessed him with the best things in this whole world.

"Yoo Joonghyuk, may you live a fulfilling life full of joyous moments with those around you." Gabriel said as she gently touched the child's forehead.

"I hope you can live a life without having to give a fuck to anyone." A strange hand also grabbed the child's head. "Also, bless you with a huge schlong—"

Gabriel held her sword tightly, poking in right under the strange man's neck as if she was ready to penetrate it. Her eyes were filled with anger, as she gritted her teeth. "Who. Are. You?"

"Hey, take it easy." The man jokingly said as he grabbed her sword with ease, then crushed it into pieces without any struggle.

Gabriel was in shock. That was when she eventually recognized who the man was, and fell into despair. Out of every misfortune that could happen to her human, The Demon King of Salvation - one of the greatest catastrophes - had laid his eyes on him.

"Why would you do this, Demon King of Salvation?" Gabriel asked, trying to remain collected. She was determined to sacrifice herself if this monster had any ill will towards the child. "Or perhaps, are you intent on provoking another Great War, once again?"