𝘗𝘈𝘗𝘌𝘙𝘉𝘖𝘠 !

Wendy stirred in the dirty mattress, just when she had been able to fall asleep- the phone began ringing. She looked to her side to see Finney fast asleep, Wendy sighed, getting up so she could answer the phone.

"You said my name was Billy." Wendy heard a males voice from the other line, "yea- Billy Showalter" she said.

"Don't call me that."

"I don't remember it- it's not who I am now" they continued, but Wendy wasn't focused on him anymore. she was more focused on the moving bottle. Wendy gulped at the sight, trying her best to tune the moving bottle out.

"What do you want me to call you then?" She asked, "what do you remember?" Wendy flinched when the bottle fell after she had said that.

"I told you. I was a paperboy" Billy said, his tone starting to get a bit aggressive.

"Okay..paperboy" Wendy said, glancing at Finney when she noticed him stirring in his sleep.

"See the wall in front of you" Wendy heard from the other line, "See how the wall is separated from the floor?"

"Yeah." Wendy replied, beginning to inspect the wall from where she stood.

"I tore a long cable loose from down there," paperboy said, "I kept it hidden."

"What am I supposed to do with that?" Wendy asked, not understanding what the paperboy was getting at.

Wendy watched in awe as the glass soda bottle began to spin fastly, she sucked in a sharp breath, trying her best to not be scared. Suddenly the bottle began to tilt upwards, pointing at the window.

Wendy stared at the window, finally understanding. When Wendy was about to speak up again, she heard the click from the other line, signaling they hanged up.

She sighed in disappointment as she hung up the phone, walking over to Finney to help her. "Finney- Finney wake up please" Finney groaned as Wendy shook his shoulders gently.

"What's wrong?" He yawned, his curly hair sticking up in odd ways, causing Wendy to quietly laugh at the sight.

"There was another call, bi- paperboy.. he told me about about a loose cable we could use." Wendy explained. Finney nodded at her words, rubbing the tiredness out his eyes.

Wendy quickly got to work trying her best to rip the cable out, Finney sat on his knees beside her to help. A few minutes passed by untill Finney was finally able to rip the cable out.

"The window," Wendy pointed. Finney nodded at the brunette, quickly going over to the window to try and latch onto it with the cable. Failing in the process.

"Here-" Finney said, passing it over to Wendy. But she failed as well.

Wendy sighed in disappointment, wiping sweat off her forehead, 'Jesus- it's hot in here', she thought. As Wendy fanned herself off, Finney wondered off.

"The tarp."

"What-?" Wendy blinked at Finney, caught off guard by his words.

"The tarp- hurry help me wendy" Finney reminded the girl, rushing to the tarp.
Wendy rolled her eyes, she couldn't keep up with him- honestly. but she followed his actions anyway.

the pair worked together to pick up the tarp, carrying it to where the window was and leaning it against the wall. Finney inserted the cable into the tarp, hoping it would end up coming out the other side.

The duo grinned as they caught a glimpse of the cable in the other side, Finney sent a cheeky smile at Wendy, causing the brunette to send him a grin.

As the cable looped around one of the windows bars, Wendy walked over to it. Reaching out grab it, while Finney got rid of the tarp.

Wendy put the two ends of the rope together, tugging on it harshly to see if that would work. When she failed, she gave the rope to Finney. Although Finney tugged harshly as well, he ended failing.

"This isn't gonna work-" Finney mumbled, catching a sight of Wendy's determined expression. "No-.." she trailed off, "can you pick me up?" Wendy asked catching Finney off gaurd.

"What?" Finney asked, staring at Wendy as if she had three heads. "Come on- pick me up!" Wendy said bluntly, quickly going from playful to serious.

Finney stammered his movements, suddenly feeling insecure of his physical strength, slowly hoisting Wendy up on his shoulders.

Wendy kept a tight grasp on the cable as she stabled herself on Finney's shoulders, hoping she wasn't hurting him.

"Don't drop me Finney." Wendy said lowly, begining to tug on the cable. "Yeah, yeah" Finney said breathlessly.

After a few tries Wendy realized the cable wouldn't work, but instead of pulling on the bars that were protecting the window with the cable- she could use her hands.

Wendy grunted as she reached as high as she could, smiling when she succeeded. She quickly began to tug as hard as she could, her hand beginning to hurt because of it.

As Wendy began to lose hope, she gasped as the bar finally gave in. Coming off- pulling her to the ground with it.

Wendy winced as she felt something hard hit her in the head mid fall, hitting the floor harshly.

Finney groaned beside her, he had managed to be pulled down as well.

"Shit-" wendy cursed, holding a hand to her head. Finney sent Wendy a worried look, noticing her distress, quickly getting on his feet to help her up.

Wendy smiled at his actions, trying her best to ignore the aching pain in her head. "I don't know what to do now," she mumbled, wondering if they did that all for nothing. "No it's fine- you should lay down," Finney said, pulling Wendy with him to the dirty mattress.

Finney and Wendy stayed silent as they laid beside eachother, occasionally sending eachother awkward glances.

A new tension filling the room.

ᵗʰⁱˢ ᶠⁱᶜ ᵇᵉˡᵒⁿᵍˢ ᵗᵒ @ᵐʸᵒⁱʳᵛ ! ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ˢᵗᵉᵃˡ