Chapter one

When i walked into my room that evening i saw a huge bouquet of flowers on my bed and a note that read
"my darling Valentina, remember that promise i made you five years ago? Well I've came back for you like i said i would, if you still want to leave pack your bags and meet me at the docks at 12:00 tonight, make sure no one is following you and we can go from there. -Nikolai"
I thought he forgot about me i whispered to myself as i put the note down and began to pack my bags. I then heard footsteps outside my room so i stuffed my bags under my bed and went to answer the door. When i saw her i felt a twinge of guilt in my chest, i was going to be leaving my older sister genya behind when all she ever did was be there for me. I felt terrible but i wasn't just going to stand while feeling like a caged bird. I was going to explain to genya why i was leaving but she spoke first "so your leaving?" I frowned as i looked at the ground and nodded "yes, please promise you wont tell anyone about it. ill miss you but i cant visit, once i leave ill be labeled as a deserter and the king will want my head." I explained "but im going to live over seas with sturmhond and his crew so we'll probably cross paths again." I said " ok, i love you Valentina and Ill miss you too now you should start packing before you get caught." She turned to walk away but i tackled her in a hug "i love you too." I said with tears in my eyes. Once she left i started packing once again and locked my door i made sure i had everything and jumped out the window, i used my squaller abilities to soften the landing and blended into the shadows so i could sneak away to the trading ports. Once i saw Nikolai i ran and tackled him in a hug as i quietly whispered "Nikolai!" He had a huge smile on his face as he whispered "Valentina!" Once i got off of him and helped him up i noticed we had spectators. "So, who do we have here?" A short shu girl with golden eyes questioned. "Oh, im Valentina im a close friend of Nikolai." I put out my hand for the shu girl to shake and she just stared for a few seconds before she took my hand and introduced herself as Tamar. The tall shu man that looked like he was Tamars twin introduced himself as toyla and Nikolai announced that i was going to be sharing a cabin with tamar so we went to unpack my things below decks and i fell into a deep slumber before waking up to the sound of tamar getting ready for the day. "Oh, im sorry did i wake you?" Tamar asked i just responded with a sleepy " it's fine, i should probably be getting up soon anyways." I pushed myself out of bed and grabbed a white blouse, brown pants and my boots. Once I was dressed I brushed my raven black hair and my teeth then went above decks for breakfast.

Nikolais pov

I was waiting for breakfast when Valentina sat next to me "hey, how are you?" She asked. "Im good, you?" "Good" she replied "so what have you been doing all these years?" I asked. "Well ive been training extra, and found out that i can fly but just a few feet off the ground." She said. She seemed to be glowing, well more then usual. It was no secret that we've been best friends since we were 8 but the crew still liked to stare at us. Valentina seemed very happy at sea which made me happy.

Valentinas pov

I was having a great time but i couldn't stop thinking about genya and how i just left her there with the darkling and the king. I felt terrible but i put on a smile so that people would think Im fine. After breakfast I went to go stand at the railing and stare into the water
When i heard someone walking up to me. "Hey" they said. As I turned to look at who it was and sure enough it was Nikolai. "Hey" i responded and looked back to the water i was playing with the ring on my finger when Nikolai asked "are you ok?" "Oh yeah im fine." I lied. I just miss genya. "We'll see her again"
He said. "Ok" i replied and then i went to do my chores i could feel Nikolai' eyes still on me as i walked off, the wind was certainly doing me a favor in dramatics as it blew my hair out of my face.

Time skip (because why not?)

It has been a year since I left the little palace and im happier then ever. I still miss genya but not as much as before. Ive become one of Nikolais squallers and i love it i have so much fun with this job. This morning Nikolai announced a job that involves the darkling. I immediately volunteered because i might get to see my sister again! So we packed our bags and i tailored myself to have blue eyes and straight brown hair that went down to the middle of my back. And we all boarded the boat i had to think of a fake name so i chose Serephina. I heard Nikolai ask "where's Valentina?" So i raised my hand and said "im over here" he just smiled and we set sail for cofton.

---------------------------------------------------------
Authors note

Lmao i got my 8 yr old sister to approve this chapter 😂
985 words.