36.1) Side Story 2 - Two of Clubs [1] ✮

One week later...

===Benkei Furetcha===Waiter // Food CouncilSpecialty: ♤

Waiter // Food Council
Specialty:

My stomach rumbled, and my heart pounded; tonight, I would have to play again. Ryota had asked me kindly if I wanted to play, and had been understanding if I still didn't want to, but I was sick of sitting around while everyone else did stuff: winning a new card, completing a difficult game, or securing food.

After the Ten of Hearts, Erina had some of the scouts return for the remaining food, since Araya's group had been disbanded. Niko had a field day with the surplus of food, and for once, none of the days had a repeating meal. Though, the mushroom casserole he had made wasn't agreeing with the sea of nausea in my abdomen.

"A-Are you okay?"

Rafferty Bucke - Security Council
Forensic Scientist (On Probation)
Specialty:

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, clutching the side of my stomach, which had begun cramping. "Just a bit queasy. How does it feel to be part of the Security Council now?"

He shrugged, a gun in his hands. "To be honest, it doesn't feel like anything. Th-They said usually they don't let p-people join Security immediately since it also makes them an executive, but they made an e-exception of me because of what I did in the T-Ten of Hearts. Clearly, Erina thinks I'm p-pretty special."

I chuckled, getting up. "So, Ryota said I was with your group. Who else is coming with us?"

"Wh-What?"

"Who else is coming with us?" I repeated, my voice louder.

"O-Oh, Aulia. Sorry, my hearing hasn't been the same since the Ten of Hearts."

"It's okay. But isn't Aulia the new girl from the Ten of Hearts? I thought her arm was shot."

"It's been a w-week, so her arm is at the very least functional. Sasori said it healed fast since it didn't hit any b-bone, and she's itching to have her trial game."

I nodded, following Rafferty as he led the way, past Charī who was explaining the fourteenth floor of The Ascension to Hell to Tori and Chihaya, who drummed on his cast with his free hand.

Charī Kasutoro - Resources Council
High School Student
Specialty:

"So this floor's game is what I call the Chicken Coaster."

"So, it's like a game of chicken?" Chihaya asked.

Chihaya Korinsu - Management Council
Freelance DJ
Specialty:

"Kind of. So, you see, Hyobe and the six other players on the floor at the time–"

"Wait, I thought it was seven other people." Tori interrupted.