part 1

Eddie Kaspbrak walked down the street, kicking rocks out of his path. Beside him leaped Richie, his best friend. Richie had his walkman on full volume, and was blasting some sort Mexican love song, or what it sounded to be. Eddie scoffed and turned to him, "Will you turn that shit off Rich?!" Richie pouted his bottom lip out, "You don't like it Senor Spaghetti?" Eddie elbowed him in the shoulder and picked up his pace, leaving Richie running behind him. "Wait up Eds! I'll turn it off, see!" Richie exclaimed, switching off his walkman. Eddie turned back to face him, and rolled his eyes. It was a Friday night, and the two boys were walking home from school. Traditionally on Friday nights Richie and Eddie (and the rest of their friends), would all have a movie night. Tonight was different, since their friend Bill's parents were out of town, leaving the group alone at his house for the weekend.

Eddie obviously had to lie to his mom about Bill's parents being home. Ms. Kaspbrak was Eddie's biggest fear, after his dad disappeared she clung to Eddie, parading his every move. When Eddie was thirteen his discovered all his asthma medications were placebos, which resulted in a screaming fit between him and his mom and him staying at Richies for two weeks. One more thing that should be mentioned is that Eddie is in love with Richie. Yep, he is in love with his best friend. It took Eddie years to accept it, I mean Derry definitely isn't the most lgbtq-friendly town and he was already dealing with being bullied. By the time he turned fifteen he learned to live with the fact that he was gay, and ended up confiding in his friend Beverly with his information. Beverly was the only female in the losers club (which was the name the friend group chose for themselves, pretty ironic cause they were all massive nerds). The boys met her in 7th grade, back when she had long auburn hair that draped down her back. After the summer before 8th grade, she got in some fight with her dad, and moved in with her aunt. Since than she's been much happier, she cut her hair short and began hanging out with the boys more often.

Richie and Eddie were soon standing on Bill's porch, loudly knocking on the door "J-just a sec g-guys!", they heard Bill holler from inside the house. After a few seconds Bill opened the front door, his hair messy and cheeks red. Stanley appeared behind him, his shirt halfway unbuttoned and a noticeable hickey on the side of his neck. Richie looked at Stan and snorted, causing him to press his shirt collar to his neck and stammer something about getting burned. Although they would rather die than admit it, it was obvious Stan and Bill were dating. It was funny actually, since the two of them were exact opposites. When they were younger the two of them would go back and forth fighting, they suprisingly got in a few fist fights where Ben and Mike would have to have to haul them into separate rooms. Yet as the years passed the two got closer and closer, spending more and more time alone together. Eddie had mentally confirmed they were dating a few weeks prior, when he walked in on them making out during a sleepover. They didn't know Eddie saw them, if they did they would lose their shit.

A very flustered Bill lead Eddie and Richie into the living room, shortly after the doorbell rang again and Ben, Mike, and Beverly joined the boys on the couch. "What's the plan for tonight? I vote we binge old horror movies", said Mike. Richie turned to him and snapped. "Bullshit! Romcoms!" Everyone rolled their eyes, although Richie seemed tough he was a sucker for romance. Ben got up and turned to the losers. "I'll make some popcorn, I could use a hand in the kitchen". He turned towards the doorframe, and Bev trailed behind him, muttering something about Ben not using an oven right.