Chapter 1: Run away

"I refuse, I shall not marry a person who can't fulfil my needs" , I silently cried out. My fists were in an urge to put up a fight. My hazel eyes darted to the cold wooden floor, discovering the many few patterns that would align with each other. Yet, each had a unique pattern that it would show. They clearly wanted me to be married with Cutler, that repulsive immature creature. Just thinking about him makes me hurl. Sure he was nice but he was just so desperate for love.

Now, when it comes to guys, I think they're absolutely sickening. Why fall in love when you can just be free without getting trapped inside by someone's arms? That type of logic makes sense. Pages of my diary flickered through the many incidents that have happened and have been written about. It must've been the wind, perhaps it was telling me something. Before I could speak any longer..

"Rose, come here!" my dad furiously yelled. I lay my hand gently on the elegant-looking door while I quickly glimpsed at his face.

"What",  I answered patiently, with my eyes darted to the  plain wall, not looking at him one bit. We both didn't seem to make eye contact, but it seemed to radiate hate towards each other.

"You and Cutler need to be married this instant! If not, I won't think twice cutting my own daughter's head off." I raised a beautiful blade called the 'Moonlight Clester' and pointed it at his face brutally.

"If that's how you want it to be, you shall be considered dead", I said in a serious tone while I walked away with each step sounding more heavier on the wooden plank floor. Darts were thrown on the target as a form of decoration, as I glance at it in wonder.

My mother said I had the face structure that could make any guy fall in love with me, it's true but annoying really. Every now and then, I have a random guy coming to me to be the love of his life. I don't feel sorry for them. I'll decide when I want the perfect man, whether they like it or not. Though, it's kind of hard to ignore since I'm the only female, capable of being a pirate.

The sun was setting down as it was time for me to arise. The guards were keeping track of the front gate so I had to think of a way to get there. I didn't need a map, I knew every detail clearly scheduled out perfectly. Before I went out to discover my own world, I looked at the selection of sharp blades on the wall. Each cut my skin deeper, revealing a rather dark red colour of blood, dripping down my arm as I carefully wrapped an extended bandage around my arm so it wouldn't give my position of where I was standing if it continued to bleed as I proceeded to think of a plan. If I'm gonna run away, I'm doing it by myself.

It was night time, there was no noise, nothing. It was dark, but I wasn't afraid. I scattered across the glacial cobblestone floor and took one of the guard's keys gently so the guard wouldn't notice and waited for the gate to open. Nothing. I look around to a metal tunnel that captured my glimpse. I used to use it all the time, getting away from mother and father. Let's just hope I can still fit.

The guard's keys that were slightly out of my pocket seemed to rattle, making noise and all the guards' attention on me. I slightly smiled to them, gave a head's up and scuttled away. This was fun. Felt exactly like my childhood, free.  I've been locked up in that stupid house for years, obeying every single order they gave me. Like if I was a dog, but now I finally escaped and was able to do what I desire.

Now what to do? I was given the option to escape, from myself and now that I can do anything, I don't see what I can do. Mother and Father were always so cruel on me, no matter how good I can do things, it never pleased them enough. That drained my happiness away.

"Rose..",  I heard from across the street, a faint sound lingering in my head. 

"Who must that be?!" I answered obediently, with a knife in my right hand, ready to kill whoever lies behind the barrel. I realise that the person who was asking for my help, was my friend Amanda.

"Amanda? I haven't seen you for what seems like ages!",  I said, with happiness spreading across my face.

"I can't move my leg, it's jagged under the barrel." I slipped my skinny but helpful hands under the hefty barrel and in one go, lifted it up, revealing her leg all cramped up. Amanda gave me a slight hug and we've bonded like we never had before. While we were catching up, a shadow seems to cast behind me, I slipped my hand into my pocket once again and had a knife ready to flash their eyes. 

"Hello....Rose, it seems we meet again."