Just Takes Time

" God dammit!!" you shout slamming your hands against the table in frustration. You hear a deep chuckle behind you. Sighing you turned around looking at the blonde.

"Aw. Poor Y/N. Maybe your mommy can help you learn the spell." she teases.

"Fuck you, Maddison."

"You wish bitch." she chuckled walking out the door causing you to roll your eyes.

You sighed looking over the spell once more wondering where you went wrong.

"Don't worry y/n you'll get it," Zoe says with a smile.

You nod your head "Yeah I know. Just sucks when everyone compares me to my mom."

Zoe nods "It's got to suck being the supreme's daughter."

You chuckled "You have no idea."

Hours later you were still in the basement trying to get the hang of this spell. You missed lunch and dinner forcing yourself to focus on the task at hand. You tried once more breathing slowly as you started. And....nothing.

"Stupid fucking candle!" you screamed throwing the candle at the wall.

"Wow, you must have learned that language from your grandmother."

You gasped turning around to see your mother looking at you with a smile.

"What are you doing down here?" you asked.

"Trying to figure out why you missed dinner. And then Zoe mentioned you were down here."

You sighed sitting on the stool hanging your head low. Cordelia walks towards the table reaching across to lift your chin with her fingers.

"What's the matter, sweetheart? "

Your eyes filled with tears as you finally broke down.

"I'm never going to get this! "

"You will honey it just takes practice."

"No! I'll never be enough. I'll never be..." you stalled casting your eyes to the ground.

"Be What?" she asked.

"Like you." you sobbed.

Cordelia shakes her head as she rounds the table pulling you into her arms.

"Oh, honey. Listen to me okay... I know it's hard being the daughter of a supreme. But you don't have to be like me or anyone else. Because you're enough...more than enough. Everyone learns differently sweetheart."

"But I'm supposed to be better. I'm your daughter. I'm supposed to be great. But I'm not and they all know it." you cried into her chest.

Cordelia pulls back lifting your chin once more. "Look at me. Y/n you're the greatest gift I've ever received. You're smart, kind, and generous. You're my beautiful girl and you're amazing. Who cares what they think? I know and you know what's in your heart. You will get it I promise. You just have to give it time." she says with a smile.

You nod your head as you try to slow down your sobs.

"Let's take a break tonight. Okay?" she asked.
You smiled nodding your head as she helps you up.
"Mom."
"Yes, honey."
"I love you."
Cordelia smiles wrapping her arms around. "I love you too. Let's go to bed sweetie."