𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔯 : 𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚛. 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔.

"good morning ms. reid!" my assistant sienna greets me on the way to my office.

"good morning miss stevens." i give her a polite smile slipping my jacket off my shoulders.

"the new art teacher will be here shortly, i know you like to meet all the new staff." she informs me looking down at her clip board.

"thank you sienna." i tell her going through the art files on my desk.

"oh! she's here." she says as two people walk in my office. i connect eyes with the tall woman with beautiful emerald green eyes and straight jet black hair flowing down her back.

she is..breathtaking.

"i'm april jones and this is amor leray." the woman beside the beautiful tall one speaks up and i smile.

oh i didn't even see her there.

"it's nice to meet you both." i tell them and when april starts interpreting my words my eyebrows raise.

"did no one tell her i'm deaf? will that be a problem?" amor asks making me chuckle.

"n-no and of course not, i-it just surprised me." i explain as april communicates it to her.

"good." she says and i nod.

"did you want a tour or did someone already show you the ropes?" i ask and she looks up at me as i place my curly hair behind my ear.

"sienna showed us around." april informs me and i nod clapping my hands together.

"that's great. if you need anything else my office is right here." i tell them and we bid our goodbyes before they leave my office.

god i just totally embarrassed myself in front of her.

"sienna?" i call for my assistant and she rushes to my door.

"i told you, you don't have to rush to me when i call you i'm very patient. can you figure out when amor has a free period? i'd like to talk to her more." i explain as i flip through the details of the art gallery marking things i would like to go back on.

"got it. anything else?" she asks writing on her clipboard walking closer to me.

"can you look at these files and call kim and inform of her of the changes i marked for the art gallery? also, go on your lunch break after that's an order. veronica told me you didn't go yesterday. thank you." i explain quickly and she nods blushing at my last words.

sienna is like a work daughter to me. she's very sweet and often puts me first before herself and i always have to tell her not to.

"okay, got it. i'll check up later." she says and i nod before she leaves the room.

hours go by and i can't help but think about how i embarrassed myself in front of amor.

"okay so, her free period is right now if you want to see her." sienna informs me leaning into my office and i nod.

"okay thank you. tell anyone who calls i'm on my lunch break and don't forget to go on yours. if i find out you didn't you'll be in big trouble." i tell her before i pass by her to leave my office.

i make my way to the art studio room and i knock but no one answers.

i open the door to amor leaning over the desk with her headphones on. when she sees me she quickly removes her headphones of her head greeting me with a smile.

"hi." i wave and she smiles.

"hi. i like to hear the vibrations. in case you're wondering why i have headphones." she giggles.

"oh! that's nice and i don't mean to...drop in but i just wanted to say hello." i say motioning with my hands but she stops me placing her hands over mine.

"it confuses me more when you try to sign what your saying. i can read your lips fine." she explains and i blush in embarrassment.

"i'm so sorry!" i rush out but she brushes it off.

"it's fine really." she places her hand on my shoulder and i place my hair behind my ear not knowing what to say.

"i wanted to redeem myself from earlier but it seems like i just embarrass myself even more." i groan and she chuckles.

"don't be embarrassed. i thought you were very cute." she smiles sweetly at me and i glance at my watch.

"ugh. i have to go. i'll see you around?" i say hopeful and she nods.

i walk towards the door and she winks at me before i leave making my heart beat faster than usual.

i place my last folder in my bag before turning all my lights off in my office closing the door. i wave goodbye to sienna and she smiles back at me before i head into the elevator.

the ride down is silent until the elevator dings and the woman of my mind walks in.

"hi." she greets me and i smile.

"hello amor, you stalking me?" i jokingly ask.

"i could ask you the same thing." she smirks and i laugh.

"i'm not." i say looking down before i realize that she probably didn't hear me. i apologize and she rolls her eyes.

"you apologize a lot you know? also, i have a hearing aid." she moves her hair behind her ear and i nod.

"it's a habit and that makes a lot more sense." i laugh to myself and she joins.

we finally get to the first floor and we exit the elevator together.

"can i take you to lunch some time?" she asks and i pause.

"me?" i ask and she laughs.

"well you're the only one here." she says and i palm my forehead.

"right. yes you can. we can talk more about it tomorrow." i tell her and she nods following me causing me to pause once again.

"i just want to walk you to your car." she wrinkles her nose at me and in that moment i wanted to kiss her.

i met her today! lesbians man.

the walk to my car is silent but not uncomfortable. we bumped into each other and laughed along the way.

"thank you." i sign and she smiles shrugging me off for probably the 100th time today.

"i'll see you tomorrow pretty." she says before she walks off to her car which happens to be next to mine.

see you tomorrow.