"Stop treating this as a simple exchange."

It had been a tiring day for the Harbinger. Even though he was the youngest of that group, being seen as the most energetic — perhaps being beaten by some of the younger Dottore clones — the young man known as Tartaglia among his comrades and enemies was exhausted. It was a somewhat difficult situation to happen, since he always had the energy for a new day full of struggles and tasks as he acted as a high-ranking Fatui.

He lay down on the improvised mat. The sheets were icy cold, as was the cold that embraced the Snezhnaya lands. He was in his temporary room granted by the organization during his trip to the funeral of one of his deceased comrades, known – and feared – as La Signora, or her real name, Rosalyne. Things seemed a little weirder since then, she had died quite tragically at the hands of the Almighty Raiden Shogun, the archon of the lands of Inazuma, in a rampant, crazy and illegal commerce of illusions. Tartaglia could be a Harbinger, but some — to be honest, almost all — of his comrades plans of victory made him a little uneasy. He could be seen as the cold-blood-crazy-killer-dude by many, but he would never be involved in such a mad plan — unless it was a direct order from his beloved Tsaritsa, of course.

The cold and icy breeze passed through the cracks in the window, the howling wind shaking the trees outside. He was resting in the fluffy rug. There was indeed a bed – a very comfortable one, precisely – but he decided to ignore it and lay down next to the fireplace, a practice he used to have when he was just a child, seeking warmth in his late nights while playing with random stuff he found in his childhood adventures. He gave a short laugh remembering that time, when he still had a glimmer of hope, when he was truly happy. Before all that happened.

He closed his eyes. He tried to sleep, but sleep wouldn't come. He switched sides, switched sides again. Not even a thing. It was impossible. The many intrusive thoughts in his mind just wouldn't let him go even for a miserable moment.

He tried to fool himself, started to pretend to be sleepy to see if a false placebo would calm him down. He was running his fingers along the fluffy blanket, trying to clear his mind. That's when he finally managed to get in sleep. A light, troubled slumber. That kind of sleep where it's still barely conscious, merely a nap.

A weak dream began to manifest in his mind. A flute playing, very distant from him, but still audible as it mixed with some comfortable waterfall sounds. The images confused since it wasn't such a deep sleep. He could feel some flames burning his fingertips. But they were harmless burns, almost like tickles. He saw a silhouette. Large and gorgeous wings that resembled bat wings. A thin tail swung from side to side, it had a small shape at its end that reminded him of a tiny cute heart. Oh, he knew very well who it was...

He woke up to a soft sound. Delicate claws caressing his chest gently, a faint scent of jasmine invaded his lungs as he slowly opened his eyes.

The pink eyes with thin pupils, glowing in the dark of the room. Thick red lips, glistening. The golden blonde hair that reflected the light of the fire, with a beautiful ornament of jasmine flowers and on the top of the head, small and dark horns. The voluptuous body, the big breasts that almost stood out in the light silk robe she weared. Her skin had a few rune markings that glowed in a rosy hue, all of them leading to a way to a glowing tattoo on her belly. A tattoo with diverse runic complex words and a heart shape in the center, just above her womb.

Leaning over the rug, one of her hands in her cheek. The tail swung from side to side as she kept a slight mischievous little smile on her lips.

"Lumine." He said her name.

"I missed you." she says, in a whisper.

"What... What are you doing here...?" He becomes more aware of the situation, raising his head.