1. New Jouney

Hi to all my dearest readers. This is my second novel on Wattpad. I'm grateful for the love and support I got for my previous work "Second Love". I hope you all enjoy reading this one as well.

Thanks,
Anishaluv
Happy reading!

Valentina's P.O.V.

(6 YEARS AGO)

There are days in your life when you know everything will be falling into the right place. That day is today, being a fresh graduate of the University with just a year of experience. Finally, my chance is here I have been selected to attend a tech program in San Francisco. This opportunity could change a lot of things for me.

Well, this will be my first time traveling alone with no familiar faces around. Honestly, my life is very monotonous, living in a family of five there isn't much drama involved. My dating life is pretty much non-existence because I like to live in my world and I just like going through something which won't last. Let's just say I hate disappointing myself.

"Valentina, you're brilliant at your job you deserve this opportunity, go have fun and learn new things." That's the plan, I love learning you will never see me without a notepad and pen. I don't look like a nerd. But I'm one.

"Thanks, Andrew, this opportunity means a lot to me." And I'm sure he has heard about this all the time, I work in a Publishing company and I'm particularly a technology book editor. So, my company sends one person from the technology team for this program mostly a new joiner, I guess I was doing something right. Since, among 15 new joiners, I'm the chosen one.

"No problem, just go to HR and get all the related documents that might need for your trip, let me know if you need any help." I gave him a nod and walked towards HR's cabin. Here goes nothing.

After receiving all the forms I need to fill out. I have to leave in 2 days so I need to fill these asap. After that, I went back to my desk to continue working for the day. I did send the announcement message to my family group. Of course, my parents are happy for me. They just don't know yet that I have a competing offer already in my hand. I will be moving to Europe in 6 months that thing itself makes me feel edgy.

"Congratulations, I heard you are getting the onsite opportunity," Anna said after knocking at my door. I was in the middle of document filling. Anna is my sister. She is a business graduate soon getting married.

"Thanks" I replied still reading through my documents.

"Quite selfish of you to leave around my wedding." 7 months is not around I will be shifting to Europe by then. She needs to chill out.

"I know, but this is an opportunity of a lifetime experience, and we both know you will never let me miss something this good." It is true even if we have our own lives we look after each other and that is what family does.

I never had friends in my life with whom I can share everything because I'm a private person from a young age. I used to tell everything to my sister but later in life, I guess we stopped at least I did. I guess I'm one of that kid who grew up before their age not that I had some situation or trauma during my childhood. I believe that if I share something with someone they will talk about it to someone else and that whole grapevine structure of the gossip cycle makes me sick.

"Well hope you enjoy the experience" I just nodded in response. She left me alone after that. Everyone has their flaws so do I. Anna is perfect people may think she can't even hurt a fly but when she is upset you don't want to be around she will use your worst mistake the first chance she gets and hurt you intentionally. So, yes I'm keeping my distance.

After filling out forms I went for dinner and discuss travel plans and stuff with my folks. I wish the program is as promising as it sounds. I heard some of the cutting-edge technology company leads are also invited to join, including Aldric Lawson. He is a board member of my current company, I got instructions from HR to greet him if I get a chance to meet him. Keyword chance which means I can skip it right? Plus I don't know what he looks like, at least until I attend the session where he is a speaker.