𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔     /     𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾❛ riley, it's always been you

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 / 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾
❛ riley, it's always been you. ❜

RILEY WAS BOUNCING on her toes when she arrived at the Baker's residence. Excitement buzzed through her veins, giving her the same fuzzy feeling she felt when she was drinking. She was completely sober and 100% happier than when woke up this morning.

She had been waiting for the envelope in the mail for months. She submitted it in May of her junior year, before her and Jordan broke up and before she disappeared to Mexico.

Everyone was amped up when she told them she applied to NYU, especially JJ. It had been her dream school since she was a little girl and she had finally gotten accepted. She knew everyone would be over the moon for her and she just couldn't hold it in. She needed to tell someone.

A knock echoed through the Baker's house followed by footsteps. She bounced on the balls of her feet and she looked around, too much energy for her body. The door squeaked and Riley spun around to see a smiling Olivia at the door. "Oh, hey, Riley. What's up?"

Riley smiled at her friend as she walked into the house, Olivia closing the door behind her. "You all right? You look like you just chugged five Redbulls."

Riley rolls her eyes. "Well, I did actually have one like an hour ago, but this is for something else."

Olivia raises her brows as the girl while she moves to the kitchen. Riley takes a seat at the table while Olivia grabs her and Riley a water from the fridge. Olivia pushes it over to her and leans on the other side of the counter. "Well...?"

"Okay, so... you know how I applied to NYU?"

Olivia's brows furrow. "Yeah?"

"Well... the mail came today..." Riley couldn't hold back her smile anymore. "I got in!"

Olivia gapes at the girl and smiles brightly. "Oh, my God!" Riley laughs while Olivia rounds the corner to hug her. Riley smiles brighter when she does. "Oh, my God. This is amazing. You know what... I'm pretty sure my mom has a bottle of champagne stashed away in the cellar."

Riley laughs. "Oh, my gosh."

"Hey! This calls for a celebration." Olivia says, pointing a finger at her. "You grab the glasses and I'll be right back."

Riley laughs and moves to the cabinets while Olivia walks down the hall toward the cellar. Riley had been in the house plenty of times before, which is why it took her less than a minute to grab two champagne flutes.

She sets them down on the counter and pulls out her phone from her pocket to texts JJ that she had a surprise for him when she hears the front door open. Riley wasn't fazed by it, but when she hears and all too familiar voice, a chill runs down her back.