Chapter 1

You heaved the heavy doors open, finding yourself standing in front of the palace. Last time you had worn anything with such a wide hoop skirt was at your eldest sister's wedding, when you were 11. You had somehow spent an entire hour in that thing.

After managing to push your dress through the guards on each side glare grimly at you. Of cause you had just realised that they're waiting for a sign from you to open the heavy doors but it was to late now anyway.

Your heart was pounding in your chest.

Nervously, you twirled the gold ring on your trembling hand, the gift from your best friend, whom you would probably never see again. Your initials are engraved on the inside, and the small stone turns smoothly in its setting.

You take a deep breath, trying to suppress the trembling in your hands, and nod to the guards. They are already approaching the throne as you gather yourself to follow them.

When they stop, you pause for a few seconds before boldly moving on.

You wind your way through the halls, passing between two huge metal baskets that clank in the flickering light of a fire. You can see everyone watching you, curiously leaning to one side or the other of a long corridor lined with guards at the end and leading up to the throne.

The silky train behind you was big, heavy and way too long. All the countries had given their part to today's presentation. It' s practically impossible, but in the end everyone was satisfied.

Odin fixed you with his gaze as you came to a stop in front of him. A long stairway separated you as you kneeled politely.

"Good day, your majesty I'm Princess y/n. It is my pleasure to be here and take this opportunity. All the countries of Midgard are forever grateful." Sitting on his throne, Odin looked at his staff in thoughts.

Indeed, it was absolutely no pleasure for you to be here. The countries had arranged everything against your will and kept it secret from you until it was too late to do anything that would not have led to a world war.

You let your eyes sweep over the throne.

The choice was between an arrogant blonde who winked at you with a smile and a raven haired, moody prince who who thought as little of the event as you.

"Welcome my dear. I speak for all of Asgard when I say that I am very glad that this contract is possible for us. May the years of working together in harmony and peace begin to grow."

Quite a poet, you nod at him with a smile as it befits a princess.

"Be our guest and get to know the princes. The wedding is to take place in a month, as I decided with the honorable rulers of Midgard. That should be enough time to decide between my sons."

That should be enough time, I wanna see you fall in love in a month and then we can talk about me. Even though you know it could also be worse, some people were simply married into a kingdom without ever seeing the men before.

"Thank you your majesty." you bowed and moved away from the throne. Your fingers curled into the fabric of your dress to lift it.

You ran to the door looking for a way out to get some air, you needed it badly.

Spotting a beautiful fountain you sat down on the edge and dipped your hand into the water as you began to look around, Asgard was a beautiful land. It's really a shame that you were here just because of the situation, a vacation would have been magical for sure.

You didn't really have a choice.  Disgrace would have fallen on your family and you could have continued your life in a cell. That's why you agreed, even if it meant that that's your last month of freedom, it's better than a cell.

"Princess y/n, you fled so fast I almost lost you out of sight."

You looked up to spot the blonde prince. "I'm really sorry. I hope I didn't upset the king but I needed to get some fresh air. "

"I fully understand. My father can seem a bit strict and the situation is new to all of us. My name is Thor and I too welcome you to Asgard. Will you allow?" you lift the fabric off your dress to make some room. "Of course. It would be my pleasure."

He sat down next to you and stared into the distance. Maybe you were wrong, he didn't seem arrogant at the moment and was very polite.

"Please excuse my bluntness now but you shouldn't be out here all alone, something could happen." Asgard wasn't really known to have anything dangerous about it, quite the opposite so would he refer to?

"Don't worry we know about it and I can assure you that nothing will happen to you, as long as you don't ran away again."

"I think that won't be necessary with the pleasant company around."

"After you've relaxed a bit I would like to introduce you to your maid who will show you your room so you can settle in."

You give him a soft smile and a nod as you adjust your dress. Thor held out his left arm for you to hook onto while he led you back into the palace.

The two of you moved through many corridors. You tried to keep the way in mind, but the palace was huge, you will surely get lost here.

Thor stopped in front of a closed door.

"These are your chambers where we part for the time being. It would be more than inappropriate to enter your room, but your maid will take care of you." He's for sure a gentleman and not pushy at all.

You thanked him with a knicks for his help and entered the room.