Prologue

Marinette's POV

"Sh*t! I'm gonna be late! Kwamis, stay out of trouble!" "Yes Marinette!" I ran out of the apartment and met Ms. Charlie, my old lady neighbour. She's such a doll. "Mornin' Ms. Charlie!" She giggled, "Good morning, my dear. Have a good day." "You too!" I made it out of the building and went straight for the car park to get my car. I got in, started it up and drove off.

I parked in the student lot and got out only to meet the darkness in my day. The one and only..- "Marinette. Late as always." I rolled my eyes, "What does that make you, Timothy? Seeing as you are also now getting out of your car." He chuckled, "I was just sitting in the car, didn't feel like getting out. Maybe I should've, if I'd known you'd be arriving now." I really wanted to smack him.

"See you in class, Miss Dupain-Cheng." I felt smoke escaping my ears. That little a**hole! I grabbed my bags and left, locking my car. I made it inside and an arm swung around my neck. "Mari, you're late again." I groaned, "Luka, you're risking your life with me again. Remove your arm." He laughed as we were met by Kagami. "So Marinette, did you finish your homework?" I grinned widely, "Mhm!"

"Hey you three." Chloe greeted us as we entered class. "Hey Queen Be..-" "You wouldn't believe what happened yesterday! Look Look Look!" She pushed her phone in our faces for us to see the coffee shop in the papers. 'Coffee Shop highly recommended by Bruce Wayne and his sons!' That's...where I worked..where we all worked. "I don't believe for a second that the billionaire playboy recommended us." Kagami commented.

"I'd have to agree with you. Why would he want to go to our shop?" Luka added. "Well whatever it is, we're in the newspapers!" Well technically the shop is, not us.. The bell rang and the rest of the students made their way into class including the Wayne himself. He grinned at me and I stuck my tongue out. He was so annoying! Soon after, the teacher came in and started the lecture.
~~~~~

And as my usual routine would have it, after school, it's off to work for my shift. I said goodbye to Luka, Kagami and Chloe and drove off. No one at that school knows that we three work there. Since I'm there on scholarship and I know how posh Gotham people can be, I choose not to make my life more hellish than it already is. Timothy already has that covered...

I parked in one of the employee spaces and entered meeting Alya clearing a table. "Hey girl, right on time." I smiled, "Hey. Lemme get changed and I'll help you with that." I jogged to the back and bumped into Kim.

Kim: Woah! Oh, hey Mari.

Marinette: I'm sorry..-

Max: It's totally acceptable. This wasn't the first time that happened..and by my calculations, it wouldn't be the last.

I awkwardly laughed and went straight for my locker and got changed. "Hey Marinette!" I know that overjoyous voice. "Rose, Juleka. Hey." They got changed and I was the first to go outside. "What can I do for you today, Als?" I asked. Alya's mom kinda owns the café. It's one of her many cooking branches across Gotham. "You can start preparing the tables outside then come back to take orders inside." I nodded and got straight down to work.

Alright all done now onto taking orders. I pulled out my little notebook and went to the first table. "What can I get you both?" I asked the couple. A coffee and a latte... I nodded and placed the note on the counter for Juleka to take it. And that's how it goes for the rest of my shift. I was in the last minute of my shift. I got the last of the orders and placed them on the table who ordered only for the blood to leave my body.

Everyone just stopped and turned to look at the door. Bruce Wayne, and his terrible four sons. Including F*cking Timothy!! He saw me and I froze. He looked at me with a smirk and I swear I wanted to pass out. I rested the cups on the table and sprinted to the back. I sat, cradled in a corner, rocking back and forth. What the hell is he doing here!? He saw me in my uniform!! What am I going to do now!?!?

~EssyMLBDC~