Excitement All Around

"I don't think I'm that ready to move houses. Especially when its probably the last time I'm gonna move. This place better be good." I half heartedly pronounce into my cellphone.

I stare down at the dark hue screen, seeing my reflection. My eyes quickly dart back up, grabbing roughly on the wheel ready to turn it.

"You'll be alright. You've made the best choice you could. Don't be mad at yourself if its not the perfect fit for you. You deserve a nice, new warm house." Y/F reasurred me.

The phone call was quickly cut short as an eerie screech paused it. I look back down and hear the 'end of call' beep. I feel unsatisfied, yet I'm so close to my destination. One more minute of driving is estimated.

I sigh and turn my radio back up, hearing 'F/S' on. Suddenly, I feel myself turn better, listening to the songs tune and its perfect lyrics. I bop my head to the beat.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

After what felt like more than 5 minutes I arrive at the new sight.

The neighbourhood.

I gasp at how delicate and happy the view looked, looming around the entrance to the area. I hold another gasp incoming as I see a non familiar face, startling me a little as they spring at me.

"Oh, the new neighbour! Gosh, I am extremely excited to see you!" The bubbly person waved their hands at me, obviously overly happy to see me.

"Hello...ma'am. I am glad to see people already are welcoming me in." I reply, giggling a little at how frantic and jumpy this...person was. They beamed up at me, pausing for a moment and shaking their head.

"Allow me to introduce myself! Im Julie, and you are?" Julie had smiled a great smile before closing her mouth. "I am Y/N. Nice to meet you Julie." I say, smiling back at the lady.

"Follow me, I will help you explpre this little neighbourhood and-" Julie was quickly cut off as a small and rather snazzy yellow person waddles up to us. Julie is flushed with happiness once more and greets the small guy.

"This is-" Julie once again had no time to speak as the small guys  hands covered covered almost all of her face. "I shall find out who they are myself." He finally spoke. His voice was pure and soothing yet monotonous. I focus my eyes on him as I await for the short guy to talk.

"Hello, neighbour. I'm Wally Darling, If you didn't know already. I assume you are our new resident?" Wally's hand was out, palm facing the side for a hand shake. I reach out and grasp onto his hand, slowly shaking it. His grip was velvety and rather smooth, his handshake allowing me to process everything."I am Y/N. I indeed am your new...resident." I speak after a bit. Wally stares up at me with huge pupils, looking me up and down. He already reminds me of a calmer version of Julie.

Wally couldn't seem to get rid of his eyes off of me, almost like he was admiring me a little too well. He blinks at me, clearly wanting my attention. I turn to look back down at him, grinning back. "Well, Y/N. Tour time?" Julie says, bouncing up and down. She was so energetic and concentrated.

"I agree. We can start giving you a tour around. Maybe even...stop by my place to have lunch?" Wally's words made me curious. I wonder why he was so suddenly intrigued and acted like he adored me straight away. I nod my head and simply walked off, Julie hopping into lead and Wally close beside me.

"So, this is the Post Office! Only Eddie would know how to figure all this out!" Julie said as she splatters her face onto the window of the Post Office. I hear Wally's terribly solid laugh. It sounded like he didnt mean it. "Eddie is the Postman. He isn't here right now, though." Wally looked up at me and spoke. He stared at me for just a few more seconds before following Julie down the road. They all took a turn to the left.

"This is Frank's. He loves his house! He is such a sweet man!" Julie explains, smiling wide. Her legs carried her over to the door of Frank's house. She was about to knock but a frown was automatically plastered to her face. She stops and takes a few steps backwards. "Never mind! I'm not going to bother him." Julie says and skips away.

°°°°°°°°°°°

After all the introductions and the grand tour everyone departs from me except for...Wally. Big surprise. He was stuck to me like glue. "Y/N can we go back to Home now? I would love to have lunch with you. A welcome lunch." His sentances went straight through my head, accidentally ignoring him. He grabbed my sleeve and tugged slightly, catching my utmost attention.

"Oh, what was it you were saying?" I say, looking down at Wally. "Follow me, neighbour." Wally said, holding my hand and trying to sprint off. I stop him dead in his tracks, causing him to jolt and nearly fall. "Neighbour? Are you ok?" Wally asked, his head tilting. I sigh and slowly blink, staring at Wally. "I have to say, I don't like to be pulled around. If you could not, that would be ok." I say, scrunching up my face as I end my sentance.

"I am sorry." He quickly spits out, letting go of my hand after a moment of silence. "Please come back with me though! I am inviting you in for a drink and some lunch! I would dearly appreciate it." His pupils criss crossing between him and me. Then, he stared at the ground, looking sad. "Sure!" I reply as quick as I had found my answer. We are soon walking down the path straight to Wally's house.