Astrala: The 50's Anniversary

There was a lot of activity in Mira HQ just today. The crewmates came together from all sides, from all countries and from all different planets to celebrate their leading company's 50th anniversary. The high office towers of the headquarters reflected the bright light of the setting sun and clouds mirrored themselves in the glass. Skeld starships approached the towers above the clouds from all possible directions. The landing ships stood on almost every platform, on which the various symbols of the individual crews could be seen. Like "Larisa", "Mona" or "Oasis". 

Everywhere you could meet the most diverse crewmates, no matter where you looked. And in the midst of this commotion, a lime green crewmate pushed her way through the buzzing crowd. Her name was Kati and she was part of the crew that called themselves "Starla". And those was what she was looking for.

Somewhere in this whole hustle and bustle, her fellow colleagues had disappeared. She had previously been on their ship to unload her luggage and then agreed to search for the others lost in the chaos. They had to start soon, to get to Polus. They had an important mission there. And the others had nothing better to do, than getting lost here. What a glorious thought. And she seriously considered if it would look silly if she climbed onto one of the tables and looked around from there? Actually, that was the only possibility she saw right now. Suddenly someone tugged at her sleeve and she turned to the side.

"Mom, I don't like being here anymore," an anxious voice sounded right next to her.

The lime green bent down and stretched out her arms so that her elder child could cuddle up to her.

"We'll be gone soon, Millie, she tried to calm down the little one. We just have to find the others now so we can finally make our way to Polus."

"Didn't you say that dad wanted to come too? someone suddenly asked from up her head."

And she felt a slight tap on her forehead as well. Sighing, Kati straightened her flower crown and petted the other little crewmate who was sitting on her head.

"He wanted to call us first, Basti, she tried to explain to the little one. I hope he will make it in time."

Then they continued to squeeze through the crowd. The lime-green looked around further. Did the anniversary celebration really had to be today? Were they serious or just mad? They could have chosen another day for that surely, but no. Not today. How were people even supposed to find anyone here? "It's probably not just me, Kati thought as she looked around."

Annoyed, she dragged herself forward further before a loud "Hey! Over here!" shook her up a bit. Confused, she looked around before she could make out the two crewmates standing inside the crowd behind another Captain and their crew.

"Come over here!" the other one asked loudly, who also had a child in his arms."

"No freaking way, Kati murmured happily and moved into their direction, squeezing through the crowd with her kids. Volt! Liss! It's so nice to see you!"

The maroon then ran over towards her with open arms and finally embraced her.

"I'm glad you're still doing well," she heard Liss say as she broke away from her.

Millie and Basti have gotten really tall lately! Were you feeding them some sort of fertilizer?"

The lime couldn't hold her laugh this time, but then replied: "Well... Uh... No, but it is true, that they're getting taller", she grinned and looked over at Volt, the maroon one's husband, who was now also approaching.

The gray man with the dark cap and lab coat greeted her with a brief handshake followed by a hug before stepping back and examining her from head to toe.