1: Frost

A sharp frozen wind pierces straight through your jacket and into your soul. A shiver runs up your spine as you pull your inefficient coat closer to your body, and rub your arms as you clime carefully onward. The mountain of Dragonspine is no easy task to navigate, but you're on a mission.

You're father was part of the adventures guild and feed you with stories of the mountain as a kid. The story's of its ancient ruins and the history of it all made your imagination run rampant. Those stories are what inspired you to get into archaeology. It was your dream to understand what happened on the now icy mountain all those years ago. After much begging and pleading with the adventures guild, You finally got the chance to explore the mountain first hand. There's no way you're turning back now just cause your cold.

In the distance you see the glory of an ancient constitution peaking up through its snow covered surroundings. If it wouldn't freeze to your face right away, you might have cried tears of joy. You rush as fast as you can through the thick snow over to the ruins. An excited squeak came out as you brush some snow of the old stones with your gloved hands. With a quick glance around you see a tree to the side of the structure. Perfect, you thought.
You could brake a branch and make a fire for more warmth.

You spend the next few minutes kicking the snow away from the base of the ruins. and making a small camp fire. After setting up, you pull a notebook out and start making a quick sketch of the ruins. Jotting down notes of the unique engraving on the stone for later when you're back at base camp.

Some time passes, and as you copied the last line of stone carvings the wind starts to pick up. You close your eyes and clutch your jacket close as wind blasts you in the face. After the it dies down you open your eyes and look around. The sky is much darker then when you first set out up the mountain. You silently curse to yourself as you quickly gather your things. You must have been so lost in the moment of your discovery that you didn't notice the storm roll in. Should I just wait it out here or try to hurry back to base?

Thinking back, It didn't take that long to get here from base. As long as you stay on the right path you should be able to make in back before it gets any worse. You finish placing your things back into your backpack and set out back down the mountain. If you had to guess you where around the half way mark when the wind really started to kick up again. It carried icy shards that felt like little bullets hitting any exposed skin. While trying to block your face from the winds you accidentally slipped on some ice. With a thud you fell on your back, a loud groan escaped your frozen lips. That's definitely gonna hurt tomorrow you thought.

You struggle to stand up as the wind pushes against you. Once you find your footing again your heart sinks. The wind is knocking up so much snow you can barely see in front of you anymore. It was to late to turn back around, but you can't see where your going either. This is bad.

Fear started to sprout itself in you as you tried to think of what to do. You looked around to see if you could use anything to cover yourself from the harsh icy winds. That's when you hear someone, or something's , crunching footsteps from behind you. You whip around so fast it almost make your light headed.

"Are you lost?" A gentle male voice spoke against the violent winds, "What are you doing out here in the middle of a storm?"

"I-I'm a archeologists. I just got caught by the storm unexpectedly while doing research." You yelled over the wind, squinting to see the shape the voice came from.

As the man got closer you could see he had on a n elaborate white coat and shaggy blond hair. His blue eyes seemed to peer right through you. You're surprised that he didn't seem bothered by the wind at all.