𝑇𝑤𝑜- 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛

A mere but slow-feeling amount of time later, Steve Harrington had come barging through the office door. He paused, and while doing so, his expression had morphed into that of somewhat relief.
"Oh. You're in here."

The woman, still staring slightly unresponsive, turned towards his gauche position against the doorframe. Her own expression let out a question without words.

"I didn't see you come in here, that's all." He continued, "Thought you'd booked it and left."

Robin forced a pained smile onto her face.
"As much as I'd love to, I'm afraid that I do still want to get paid."

"Well, Ms Buckley, if that's true, you better get back out here, then."

The man showcased a lopsided grin, head tilting slightly as he twisted out of the frame to allow his colleague to pass through. She noticed the gap in the space and quickly followed the gestured direction.

She strolled through the floor front, passing the neon-illuminated signs and movie posters, the VHS shelves and the numerous cardboard cutouts. As Family Video shared a joint building with Palace Arcade next door, it was only sensible for them to both fit the same theme. It was consistent, which was nice, and also something that Hawkins desperately needed to keep up with.

The computer which stood stationary on the desk glowed a bright shade of blue, the page which was being updated earlier still showing on the screen. Robin stepped towards it, reclaiming her position as the keeper of its chair.
Traffic in the store was slow at that point in the day, which, while referring to the mental note she had made of the busiest times of each, was found to be the norm. Robin had assumed that the pair of remaining customers had filtered out during her visit to the back room.

Steve, head tilted towards the floor, sauntered his way over to the empty counter space beside his friend and took an uncomfortable lean against the side. Neither spoke and neither commuted any type of further motion. The only noise that wasn't caused from the general movements of the world was the faint buzz of the static-filled tv which was propped on the wall behind them both.
It crackled, slowly distorting the peoples voices and slowing their actions, all before loudly emitting a click and then fading the screen altogether.

"This is why I don't do double VHS." Steve attempted to prove his point, face falling flat.

"At least it's something for us to do- having to change that every few hours."

"I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen literally every movie in this building by now."

Robin let out a breath, nodding ever so slightly as she leant back on her stool to meet his gaze.
"You'll be happy to know that there's a few more coming in next week, then."

"Oh, thrilling." Harrington deadpanned in return, lifting his hands in a shimmy before turning to the task of replacement. He reached towards the buttons and switches on the device and watched as the compartment spurted out the first half of the double-formatted display.

The man simply couldn't wait until the world figured out a way to automatically switch them, saving his sanity and his arm muscles. Why couldn't the tv just be on the counter?

"Oh shut up, will you?"

In the next moment, just as the man had declined his arms from the floating position they were in, a new flock of voices emerged into the store. Steve sighed, looking straight down onto the wall in front of him.

"No, I won't- we could've gotten here so much faster if we'd of biked."

And then just as quickly as the sigh had risen, Robin chuckled in her seat.